Favorite Cache To Date?

Sue Gremlin

I know this has been done before, but it doesn't hurt to get updates. Do you have a favorite cache of all time? I'd love to see your logs. There are some really amazing stories out there, I will never get sick of reading about them. It's what's so cool about this whole geocaching thing.

My favorite is the Manunka Chunk Tunnels in Warren County, NJ. I posted about ninety photos in my log.

How bout you?

Pioneer Saloon, its in a bar that has been in operation since 1913. Complete with bullet holes in the wall, a ghost, and the current owner is a part of the local history. Located 25 miles outside of Las Vegas as you head towards the California border this is a great place to hang out after a day of caching.

Coooool! I wanna fly out there now. I am not a Vegas fan, but that might make it worth the trip. :laughing:

My favorite cache is still My Monkey. Sadly, it has been archived. It was mentally and physically challenging. It was my favorite!

Caches still available? MI6.6 The Promethian Legend was an excellent finale to an excellent series! Unfortunately, the will be archived this weekend.

Here's a nasty little cache, set out four years ago, by a cacher who has not been active in two and a half years. It's a classic, and still in good contidtion. One of the 'must do's' in New Jersey. You ain't nobody until you've found this one!Alluvial Material

Probably my favorite multi-cache is one I just completed this week.

Sticks and Stones

The individual waypoints were very well-cammoed and the trail it followed was interesting, but not too challenging.

Picking a favorite from the Traditional caches I have found is difficult, but I think it has to be one of those placed by the Sandy Creek Cowboys. Those guys come up with the most entertaining and challenging caches around. The logs are hilarious to read because of what those guys put Geocachers through, including asking Geocachers to write in "Cowboy-speak." :laughing:

And, that gives me an idea . . . I think I need to put all of their caches on my watchlist . . . :blink:

Edited by Miragee
Pioneer Saloon, its in a bar that has been in operation since 1913. Complete with bullet holes in the wall, a ghost, and the current owner is a part of the local history. Located 25 miles outside of Las Vegas as you head towards the California border this is a great place to hang out after a day of caching.

Coooool! I wanna fly out there now. I am not a Vegas fan, but that might make it worth the trip. :laughing:

Let us know you're coming. The folks on www.NevadaGeocaching.com have been known to get groups together for outings like this.

Coooool! I wanna fly out there now. I am not a Vegas fan, but that might make it worth the trip. :blink:

Let us know you're coming. The folks on www.NevadaGeocaching.com have been known to get groups together for outings like this.

Yes, and what a wonderful host they are! :laughing:

One of my favorites was (past tense) also outside of Vegas also. Deep Down Body Thirst

Also in NV I really liked Outdoor Nevada Geocache #3 - Creepy Cache .

This is one of my all time favorites.

View Carre'

Located in New Orleans it has everything you always wanted in an urban cache: surprise :ph34r: , uniqueness :laughing: and a most amazing view :blink: . Hopefully, people will be able to experience it again soon.

Ditto. I don't think there is a better cache out there. I hope to re-visit View Carre, Bamboozle, and all his buddies again some day.

This is my faverit cash so far: Harvest by anonymous' It was alot of fun.

It's good to see enthusiastic new cachers! Keep on caching, if you that cache I'm sure there are alot more in your area that are just as awesome.

You are lucky to be in such a caching rich area Pendergast.

Happy caching!

:):lol:I THINK I MIGHT BE GOIN CASHING AGUEN THIS WEEKEND. IM REALLY ACCITED :):D:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::o:):D

Edited by Pendergast

The Long Man of Wilmington. We'd been there before, and the cache is fairly unremarkable (except that it's by excellent cachers who make sure their hides are in wonderful locations, tidy and well-stocked), but we hit it at the end of a long and happy caching day. It was just at dusk, and a cloud suddenly rolled over the hill behind us, swallowing the Long Man. Have you ever been inside a cloud, where it descends not as a fine vague mist, but as a firm rolling boundary, and you feel like you've been taken up into the sky?

Like that. Magic.

We took a thousand pictures, and none of them came close to capturing it. So here's the daytime picture from the cache listing:

36716_1400.jpg

My favorite cache is the next one...

Old Blind Duck was a great time for us. It's a canoe cache. The logicists of the trip were a challenge.

We FTF'ed. A few weeks after that, the cache had an event that was very close to the cache. Many people got to find it while only spend a few minutes on the water. We made a day of it and really had a great time.

Though I don't have many finds, I have a couple favorites already. My favorite cache is Multiplicity because it led to my first hide. I had never heard of a cache like this before and thought it was pretty cool.

My favorite cache experience was on my second find ever. I was hunting Royalton Ravine with my two favorite people in the whole world, and we got "lost" (more like off track) like we always do. Then, of course, a sudden rain/thunder storm came along as SV and I were climbing up a steep drainage ditch and Joe was nowhere to be found. He thought he had found a better way, so we yelled back and forth and finally found him across a creek. There was no bridge nearby, so we (being soaked by then anyway) walked across the creek and found the cache on the other side. Keep in mind that this was not in the wilderness but in a town park fairly close to civilization. Come to think of it, my favorite memories with these two people always seem to involve sudden rainstorms...*sigh* Now I miss them both- we all live in different states now.

It is hard to pick out a favorite, but the cache that is going to be the most memorable for a long time is probably the one I found yesterday:

Snail Rock

It took us 45 minutes to get through the exceedingly-thick brush to the cache.

Only two other people had logged the cache in almost two years.

The amazing thing about the cache is who was with the team who placed it. From the cache page:

What's really unique about this cache is that one of our team members was quadriplegic and dependent on a ventilator. Using a custom-built single-wheeled offroad wheelchair and a "JackPack," . . .  we were able to travel over just about any type of terrain encountered along the PCT.

There is a picture of "Todd's Team" on the lid of the cache container:

OriginalTeam_704.jpg