Bugs Logged But Not Moved.

bushwackin' schmo

Travel bugs are a dime a dozen. I'm not a huge fan of logging them to just log them (unless it was for a new icon). Coins are different because they don't really travel that much/far/often so I have no problem logging them w/o moving them. Most people who own them won't give them up to move anyway.

I know who you're talking about... he's logged 20 non-virtual/webcam caches but has found 40+ travel bugs?!? That's very improbable especially knowing most of the ones he's logged in this area aren't big enough for bugs.

Deleting his log is fine. Make a note in the info section that says that logs w/o moving the bug will get deleted, then no one can say you didn't tell them!

You can do whatever you wish, it's your bug. Keep that in mind if somebody tells you that logging without moving it is no big deal.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal. I don't like it, it's a practice that will sometimes result in the tracking record getting screwed up or the bug left in limbo, but in this case there doesn't seem to be any harm done.

I don't like it, it's a practice that will sometimes result in the tracking record getting screwed up or the bug left in limbo

This is my biggest problem with it. (Not counting coins in this argument) If I don't physically pick the bug up from somewhere and move it, I don't log it. There's no reason for me to have that number unless I move it from Cache A to Cache B.

Good example, and you can attest to this, because you were there. At one BIG event in NJ, I had to grab the same bugs that I had brought home from that event page at least three, four times before I could place them in a cache. People who hadn't taken the bug kept "grabbing" it from me. <_< Got reaaaaaaaly annoying.

I personally would (and have) logged a bug that I didn't take. The circumstances when I've done this is when the bug has it's goal attached and I can't help it. I wrote down the number and picked it up and dropped it off more of a FYI to the bug owner than anything.

As a TB owner, I would like someone to do the same with one of my bugs that is in a TB Prision (for the last several months) just so I know that it hasn't been stolen and is still physically in the cache.

If I had written down the number and went to log it only to find that someone grabbed after I saw it and logged it before I could, then I wouldn't log the bug just for the stats. Again, IMHO I think that if the cacher uses his/her head, then logging and dropping can be a service to the owner.

Feel free to disagree - we all have the right to our own opinions... :laughing:

It happens all the time. People like to keep track of bugs they have seen, and sometimes they want another icon on their stats page. If you were to put anote on the TB page that you will delete any logs by anyone who has not actually moved the travel bug, they would have fair warning that you don't wish it. But it happens so much it's hard to control. The biggest problem is at events, example above. Solution, don't bring bugs to events and if you do, hand it off personally to one cacher, and don't put it in the big bug bucket/box/bowl.

Logging a bug that was taken to an Event isn't really a big deal I don't think, I have done it...BUT...I am losing intrest in TB's simply because of the ones that will email everyone to get the tracking number just so they can log the TB just for another number on their stat page...I mean come on people if your going to log a TB you should at the very least lay eyes on it...I have a simple rule...I won't log a TB unless I hold in in my own 2 hands...off soap box...