Yes, I Know Another Ammo Box Queston!

Oooh! A Project APE cache! <_<

a what????

That is the container used for the giant-sized Project APE caches that were set out as a promotion of the "Planet of the Apes" movie in 2001.

Here I am, posing with my friend at the Chicago-area APE cache, Mission 12: Blind Canal:

7d330765-93a0-488e-9bb5-c60faf990ba7.jpg

That cache page has a link to Markwell's excellent summary of Project APE on his webpage. The caches needed to be huge because original props from the movie were placed as FTF prizes. There are three surviving Ape caches, in Maryland, Illinois and Washington.

Edited by The Leprechauns

Oooh! A Project APE cache! <_<

a what????

That is the container used for the giant-sized Project APE caches that were set out as a promotion of the "Planet of the Apes" movie in 2001.

Here I am, posing with my friend at the Chicago-area APE cache, Mission 12: Blind Canal:

7d330765-93a0-488e-9bb5-c60faf990ba7.jpg

That cache page has a link to Markwell's excellent summary of Project APE on his webpage. The caches needed to be huge because original props from the movie were placed as FTF prizes. There are three surviving Ape caches, in Maryland, Illinois and Washington.

cool cache I will have to find it on vaction this year!!

Man that's big! How many hamsters can fit inside one of those babys?

How many did you leave that time?

Since I was traveling, I didn't bring along any signature items. In the past, I had shipped flash-frozen signature items ahead to whoever was hosting me at my travel destination. I found this alternative to be superior to bringing live rodents through airport security. I mean, I can only listen to jokes about cavity searches so many times, you know?

But what I failed to account for was the local geocaching culture in the places I was visiting. Apparently some areas are just not quite ready for the experience of finding a live hamster in a geocache, nor for the other possibility which exists if the signature item is placed in a cache that's infrequently visited. Some of the e-mails made my daughter cry.

So I just don't do it anymore outside a 100 mile radius from home, where the practice is well-known.

Man that's big! How many hamsters can fit inside one of those babys?

How many did you leave that time?

Since I was traveling, I didn't bring along any signature items. In the past, I had shipped flash-frozen signature items ahead to whoever was hosting me at my travel destination. I found this alternative to be superior to bringing live rodents through airport security. I mean, I can only listen to jokes about cavity searches so many times, you know?

But what I failed to account for was the local geocaching culture in the places I was visiting. Apparently some areas are just not quite ready for the experience of finding a live hamster in a geocache, nor for the other possibility which exists if the signature item is placed in a cache that's infrequently visited. Some of the e-mails made my daughter cry.

So I just don't do it anymore outside a 100 mile radius from home, where the practice is well-known.

gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<<_<:mad:

Your local Army-Navy Surplus should have some type of container that is almost half the size of you. Really could for alot of cache items, but in the same respect, you better hide them in the middle of nowhere because the "muggling factor" is rasied significantly quicker in this situation.