How Much More For A Fancy Coin!

Bigdawg!

Coins and Pins does not charge extra for "special shape coins". Here is the quote from there site.

Dies:

Dies are an essential part of coin minting. Once they are made, they are good for life. Dies will be kept on hand for 3 years after the last order date. You only have to pay for dies once for each design. When you re-order the same coins, you will not pay die charges again. Color and plating changes do not require new dies. We do not charge extra for special shape coins.

So once you pay for that die of that shape,  there is no charge to change the color or wording in the coin if you come up with a new design for a second coin.

No, only color and plating (different metals) changes would be free. Changing the wording makes changes to the actual die, so then you would need a new die. One option is to only make changes to the wording on 1 side. Then you would only need to pay for the new die on that side and reuse the die from the other side.

Aren't coins round and tokens shaped? Or is that just a matter of semantics? <_<

That's one of the great debates that people who collect these things will figure out. Ebay will decide which is 'better' if goofy shapes command a premium, or go for less because they don't fit any means of preserving the coins and displaying them.

As for me. I like round or at least roundish.

Aren't coins round and tokens shaped? Or is that just a matter of semantics?  <_<

That's one of the great debates that people who collect these things will figure out. Ebay will decide which is 'better' if goofy shapes command a premium, or go for less because they don't fit any means of preserving the coins and displaying them.

As for me. I like round or at least roundish.

Geocoins should not even be compared to the regular round coin shape. A geocoin is a personal geo trade item. We can call the odd shaped coins goofy (I think 99 percent of the geocoins out there are round) just like you could call some geocaching names strange or odd. Its all about personality and who you are. I say make what ever you. If geocachers like what you design they will come to you for a trade.

Overall, my coins came to $1500ish for 200 coins --

You should be able to get 200 coins for under $1000 regardless of colors.

The thing with shaped coins is that they are going to be larger than a standard 1.5" geocoin often 2 1/3 inches accross. Larger coins cost more and that is the reason shaped coins are a little more expensive, not the shape itself per say.

Rusty...

www.personalgeocoins.com

The thing with shaped coins is that they are going to be larger than a standard 1.5" geocoin often 2 1/3 inches accross. Larger coins cost more and that is the reason shaped coins are a little more expensive, not the shape itself per say.

Rusty...

www.personalgeocoins.com

Yes, the geobones are indeed larger and heavier than your standard coin. They aren't a coin at all. In fact -- they cannot be used for currency anywhere in the world except "Lemon Fresh Dog-land" -- a very happy place just above and to the left of my right-eye.

My shape is a play on the DOG part of my caching handle. Even though my token is an odd-shape, I am not really a big fan of the odd-shaped items. The geobone is NOT an odd-shaped geocoin. It is a PERFECTLY-shaped GeoBONE. :laughing:

You CAN attach them to dog collars, backpacks, fellow cachers (especially when they aren't looking), and children. You can also attach Travel Bug tags to them -- which is very handy in letting people know which ones are intended to travel. (the bones -- not the children)

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Rusty...

www.personalgeocoins.com

Yes, the geobones are indeed larger and heavier than your standard coin. They aren't a coin at all. In fact -- they cannot be used for currency anywhere in the world except "Lemon Fresh Dog-land" -- a very happy place just above and to the left of my right-eye.

My shape is a play on the DOG part of my caching handle. Even though my token is an odd-shape, I am not really a big fan of the odd-shaped items. The geobone is NOT an odd-shaped geocoin. It is a PERFECTLY-shaped GeoBONE. :laughing:

You CAN attach them to dog collars, backpacks, fellow cachers (especially when they aren't looking), and children. You can also attach Travel Bug tags to them -- which is very handy in letting people know which ones are intended to travel. (the bones -- not the children)

Yes-sir-ee it is a GEO-bone! And a very cool bone at that :blink:

My above statement should have been edited to say you can get 200 shaped (geo-bone or any other shape) coin/token/medallions for well under $1000 and they would most likely be larger than a std coin. :ph34r:

Rusty...

www.personalgeocoins.com