Tracking # Brokerage Topic

4agers

OK, I would imagine we will begin to get many requests in the forums in the future for folks looking to share the costs of tracking number for their PERSONAL GEOCOINS.

I would like to suggest we keep those requests nice and tidy and prevent forum litter. Hey, I like that... forum litter :laughing:

When posting make sure you mention the number of tracking numbers you would like to split or are looking for.

Also, based on this topic here are a few things to be aware of...

• All parties will have to need to have their geocoin designed approved by geocaching.com.
  • Original buyer is responsible for the tracking numbers.
  • Geocaching.com can delete the tracking numbers if designs aren't approved or I imagine other types of issues.
  • Your personal geocoins are not allowed to be sold for profit. (Hopefully more clarification coming soon).
  • If for some reason you release unapproved coins or break the rules in some way your coin's tracking number can be deleted.

UPDATE 9/28/05: Added a few bullets

Edited by 4agers
Also, based on this topic here are a few things to be aware of...

•  
  • All parties will have to need to have their geocoin designed approved by geocaching.com.

• Original buyer is responsible for the tracking numbers.

• Geocaching.com can delete the tracking numbers if designs aren't approved or I imagine other types of issues.

Great idea but this part should also be known to all who are looking at doing GC.com numbers.

Taken from other post previously mentioned.

6. I regard to nonprofit does that apply to trackable on geocaching.com? I don't plan on selling coins I just want to clear this up.

*6. Yes. Personal coins may not be sold.*

8. Do you have some sort contract I must agree to? Do you have one you can email one me to look at?

*8. No, however, if you do not follow the rules, we reserve the right to

cancel the tracking of the specific coins. In other words, unapproved

designs may be cancelled. Sold personal coins may be cancelled.

Personal coins may not be sold. Does that mean for profit or sold at all? There is a world of difference between the two. Plus what happens later is beyond the control of the coinmaker and hopefully won't impact the coins tracking.

I agree, we do need clarification here. If I am not mistaken, the Red Handed coins are coming with the PC prefix on their tracking numbers, and yet, they were sold.

Also, what about the Compass Rose coin? What kind of prefix does that come with?

Obvously, state coins and event coins can be sold and be trackable.

When is a coin considered a personal coin?

C4

PCfrog, that's worthy of further clarification.

I fully agree...

I take SOLD as a blank term regardless of profit or nonprofit.

The coin was sold regardless if someone made money.

I wanted to point that out before someone spent $300 on numbers to find out that they can’t recoup the cost.

4agers could you possible clarify that?

I agree, we do need clarification here. If I am not mistaken, the Red Handed coins are coming with the PC prefix on their tracking numbers, and yet, they were sold.

The red handed coin, I don't believe, was sold for profit. He went out of his way to explain the costs and that money was not being made.

The other thing to realize is that YOU CAN"T broker tracking numbers for any but PERSONAL GEOCOINS.

I have tried to look back thru my e-mails from when I purchased my numbers. I seem to remember being told that I could not sell them, but I can't find any record of it. It wasn't an issue for us, since we had no intention of ever selling any of our coins. I do not recall it being specifically stated as "selling for a profit" or just "selling".