Feeling Good

TeamAO

This week has been great. Got some really fun caches in, done some much needed hiking, got down and did a stint on our local bike trail, ran a 5k, and have been keeping active on the forum boards.

No complaints here.

(Let's here some good upbeat stories about caching or anything related recently)

Oh, I cannot wait to winter cache! (Seriously!)

I've seen all the fun people have, and no more jaggers or poison ivy.

Out caching I found some caves I never knew existed not so far from my own house, and they were in between two multi-stages of a cache. I just hit 100 finds recently as well.

Saturday was just beautiful, a perfectly clear, cool, cloudless day. We did five caches, including this beautiful one. I had almost forgotten how great fall caching is :laughing:

Sunday we got some friends from 1000 miles away to help us with a fun mystery cache.

And today the Fedex guy dropped off my new Geocaching fleece pullover from the Closeouts section of the "Shop Groundspeak" site. Boy, do I look spiffy now.

In the last nine days, I've found three caches, including two grueling (for me, anyway) hikes, along with my first Project A.P.E. cache, a wonderful puzzle cache (thanks Team Nosaj) AND four TB's, including an actual white jeep.

That might not seem like much, but trust me, for me it's quite an achievement.

Oh yeah, I got my 5 Maryland Geocoins, too - four of which will be headed into the field soon.

Finally, I assembled and stocked a cache (my first hide) that I plan on deploying in the next week or two.

Good times!

We're feeling good because last evening (which was an absolutely gorgeous, cool, early fall evening), we finally found a challenging puzzle cache in our area. We were so excited that the normally reserved Mr. Car54 actually performed the "happy bunny dance" in the middle of a public road - fortunately it is not well traveled. :laughing:

Mrs. Car54

On Saturday, we did ten caches, had some awesome stuffed french toast (with blueberries on top) at IHOP, and hit our 150th find. On Sunday, we did a new 7 part cache (Hardest Deer Trail Cache) with a 4 difficulty rating and a 4.5 terrain rating....with our four year old in tow! AND we didn't have to sweat our behinds off like we've been doing all summer...hurrah for fall! :laughing:

:laughing: Attended my first event cache on Saturday - Thanks SLAGA! Only went for 5 of the available caches, but got to meet tons of folks I have seen only in log books. Also got to tour a great cave, had some BBQ and won a unregistered geocoin to boot. Can't wait for the cooler weather to kill off the ivies and send the ticks and skeeters packing. Life is good!

Here is a good story. Im going camping this weekend in Somerville, TN and then in 3 weeks im going to Loretta Lynns Ranch to camp for 4 days and I can only see a couple Caches close to either place. Which means I not much caching <_<

BUT we will be making stops on the way. Ive mapped out the drive to look for caches.

J

Had a fun one just today. Saw that a puzzle cache not too far away had a WJTB. I managed to solve the puzzle and left this morning just before sunup so I would have time to visit the cache, and still get to work.

The hunt was fun, I got the jeep, and still managed to get to work on time. (OK, my shoes were a bit wet from the morning dew, but what the heck.)

I know I already had a turn... but today was another beautiful day; I walked 7.6 miles of bike paths for three caches, and took this picture which I really really like:

c779c13c-6518-4f3f-a6e3-fc9c3797b9b3.jpg

I was there at just the right time of morning. The sun was bright, the sky was clear and cloudless, and there was no breeze to ripple the water, so it was as clear as glass. When I walked past the same spot an hour later, the sun was higher and the wind had picked up, and the mirror effect was gone.

I found my first cache a week ago. I live and work in Southern Spain where the caches are usually pretty far apart. I am going out again this weekend in search for three more.

I am going to Utah for a couple of weeks on the 7th of October and am taking my Grandsons, ages 4 and 6, caching for the first time. Life is good. <_<

I had a great time out with the kids last Saturday. We did some with a terrain diff of 4. We found 5 out of 6. Our DNF was a 1/1. Go figure. My legs finally quit aching yesterday. We went to some of the covered bridges that put our area on the map.

Today I have to go do a side job and I'm going to hit a few while I'm in that area. Seems I can't go anywhere anymore without first doing a search for caches in the area I'm going. Wish me luck! And happy cacheing everyone.

Saturday was just beautiful, a perfectly clear, cool, cloudless day.

Ah yes. I found 9 caches Saturday morning, including every part of a series of 4 four caches. Plus it had been the first time I had cached in 2 weeks. It felt great. Once of the nicest Saturdays I've had in a while. Logged my finds online, played some games, read a little. Nice and relaxing. Hope to have a repeat this Saturday AM. At least the weather forecast looks good for my neck of the woods.

Here is a good story. Im going camping this weekend in Somerville, TN and then in 3 weeks im going to Loretta Lynns Ranch to camp for 4 days and I can only see a couple Caches close to either place. Which means I not much caching :laughing:

BUT we will be making stops on the way. Ive mapped out the drive to look for caches.

J

I've stayed at Loretta Lynn's Ranch, it's unbelievable the hiking and such in the area. You'll have a great time whether you get 2 caches or 100.

I know I already had a turn... but today was another beautiful day; I walked 7.6 miles of bike paths for three caches, and took this picture which I really really like:

c779c13c-6518-4f3f-a6e3-fc9c3797b9b3.jpg

I was there at just the right time of morning. The sun was bright, the sky was clear and cloudless, and there was no breeze to ripple the water, so it was as clear as glass. When I walked past the same spot an hour later, the sun was higher and the wind had picked up, and the mirror effect was gone.

I'm now using that photo as my wallpaper. Thansk for sharing that with us! :laughing:

No Angst here. Just got home from six days out west. While my husband, KP , judged a philetelic show in Spokane I got to spend Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday running around this beautiful city caching. Then I dragged KP over to CoeurD'Alene, Idaho where we cached some more on Sunday afternoon. We spent most of Monday in Farragut State Park on Lake Pend Oreille. Tuesday we made a swing into Northwest Montana before driving back to Spokane to catch an early plane home on Wednesday.

The weather was perfect. I found 64 caches, regulars, multis, micros, virtuals, hard ones, easy ones.took eight travel bugs west and found good caches for all of them, found six travel bugs and a geocoin to bring back to Nebraska, met several other cachers, got LOTS of exercise, saw gorgeous scenry, only got lost briefly a few times, ate in good restaurants, drank good wines and beer and had a fine time all around. :laughing:

But I still haven't finished logging all those caches.

NevaP