New Mexico Geocoins

9Key

My fingers are starting to tingle....

Is it cold there, too? :D

No, he's just one of those folks that likes to feel up his coins :rolleyes: LOL!

I don't think it's THAT cold anywhere in the US yet except where you are. And to top it off, it's dark most of the time up there now this time of year too. Cold and dark... that's depressing. Let me know if you want to take a caching trip to the peach state... 70s for highs and 50s for lows currently. Sound tempting?

My fingers are starting to tingle....

Is it cold there, too? :rolleyes:

No, he's just one of those folks that likes to feel up his coins :D LOL!

I don't think it's THAT cold anywhere in the US yet except where you are. And to top it off, it's dark most of the time up there now this time of year too. Cold and dark... that's depressing. Let me know if you want to take a caching trip to the peach state... 70s for highs and 50s for lows currently. Sound tempting?

And my parents think I'm coming down to Tucson next weekend to help them move B)!!!

Aw...it ain't that bad...all the better for northern lights viewing B). Finally got a chance to start teaching the junior ladybugs some astronomy once it started getting dark before their bedtime. We need the longer nights during the winter to recover from the white nights of summer when it doesn't get dark for three months (sure makes "night" caching an extra challenge B)). We still have nine hours of daylight and at night we have over ten miles of lighted Nordic ski trails to tour.

That said, Peach State caching would be a nice change a pace. Had a blast running around Oxley Nature Preserve outside of Tulsa a couple of weeks ago.

Current Fairbanks Weather

-11 °F / -24 °C

Mostly Cloudy

Ouch!!

[off topic]

Are your fingeres still tingling, or have they reached that numb stage where you can't feel them <_<?

Don't kiss the ammo box when you find it :drama:! Sticking one's tougue on a lightpole is definitely out of the question as well <_<.

[on topic]

Handle all metal geocoins with gloves at those temperatures! And don't try to open the vinyl slips straight out of the mailbox...they split and crack! :drama:

Do you all like the size of this coin?

These big coins seem to be a trend now, but I think it is too big. They look more like medallions than coins.

Just my opinion though.

I didn't get one, but I've seen my friends NM coin. I agree, it is pretty big and almost past the point of being a coin. The design (which is great) would look just as good, if not better, on a 1.5" or 1.75" coin.

I too admit becoming concerned. I'm waiting for 33 NM coins, the group order for PCC. All the single orders have arrived here in Seattle area, but not our bulk order. I hear Nurse Dave's group order arrived last week in California.

In my experience, the group orders are mailed out first, so would really appreciate hearing something, like confirmation of the ship date - this is a $243 order, placed on 9/26, for hydnsek.

Thanks!

Edited by hydnsek
Are these still being shipped?  I still haven't gotten mine and I'm starting to feel left out  :D

I have a feeling my postman is starting to collect geocoins, mine! Waiting patiently in PA, I'm sure they'll be here next week.

Coins came in today's mail, postman did ask about all the padded envelopes I've been getting the last 2 months. I opened my envelope and showed him the coins, we both think it's a awsome looking coin, definitely got my money's worth on this one!

Got mine the 12th... I think the postal dogsled teams go by the Ladybug Kids' place first up there in Fairbanks - and then head down to the banana belt here in Anchorage to warm up! :ph34r:

The coin is awesome! Holding it in my hand, I felt the warmth of New Mexico's sun... thus, I put it in the freezer so my igloo doesn't melt. Thanks for a great coin, New Mexico!

Got mine the 12th... I think the postal dogsled teams go by the Ladybug Kids' place first up there in Fairbanks - and then head down to the banana belt here in Anchorage to warm up! :(

Just don't tell my wife I was night caching by moonlight in t-shirt and shorts tonight down here in Tucson :ph34r:. Great day...actually found one of Silny Jako Bek's caches and met the legend and her geopup in person later on.