Logs Trolls

TeamAO

:blink: We have a local "Log Troll". A cacher seems to find caches, or not find them in some cases, and rip them up in the logs. This cacher has well passed his "newbie stage" and is just out there to stir things up.

Many local cachers have emailed him about the problems, and he'll fix some of the logs, but everyday I look through the recently found locals, and they're on there somewhere telling people how bad the cache is and why it's dangerous or this or that.

What stirred me up is that I recieved an "accidental" email from the cacher, swearing about another local hider and mostly just "trolling" garbage that is meant to stir cachers up.

What should I do about this nonsense?

Some people have a negative outlook on life, and you wonder why they do anything (like caching) at all if they hate it so much! Unless there are serious problems with a cache (rare), we always have something positive to say in our logs. Ignore the meanie...maybe he'll get bored and go on to slam someone else's hobby! Or, perhaps the next person to log immediately after the Troll can address the very issues he complains about and explain why he/she DIDN'T think they were problematic.

Or, perhaps the next person to log immediately after the Troll can address the very issues he complains about and explain why he/she DIDN'T think they were problematic.

Bingo! Organize a few of the other cachers to go out immediately after this cretin logs a poor view, and totally counter him by visiting the cache and essentially saying that everything he's whining about is backwards and you have no clue what he's talking about. Get enough of those, and he may realize that he's outnumbered. At the very least, you'll get his comments buried in the logs where they'll be much less likely to be noticed.

IMHO, ignoring him is like finding a bunch of trash at the cachesite and just leaving it.

It will only affect future cachers if nothing is done about it.

Edited by Old Bill

Sounds just like a few people that used to jam our local amateur radio repeaters. Guys in mid life crisis that are not happy in life and just want others to be just as miserable. That went on for several years with one of the offenders going to jail and paying big fines. It did get better after the FCC and local law enforcement got involved but what a way to spend your time and money. Ignore and they will most likely move on to other things when they can't get a rise out of anyone.

Complete amature crybaby, ignore them they will get bored at some point and things will trail off. Why wast your time writing a whining log, it is like you are personally insulting them. If this person is that miserable why continue going after the caches? I guess it gives them something to do that makes them feel better.

:D We have a local "Log Troll". A cacher seems to find caches, or not find them in some cases, and rip them up in the logs. This cacher has well passed his "newbie stage" and is just out there to stir things up.

Many local cachers have emailed him about the problems, and he'll fix some of the logs, but everyday I look through the recently found locals, and they're on there somewhere telling people how bad the cache is and why it's dangerous or this or that.

What stirred me up is that I recieved an "accidental" email from the cacher, swearing about another local hider and mostly just "trolling" garbage that is meant to stir cachers up.

What should I do about this nonsense?

I bet some of them could actually be quite humorous.

This cache  s***** a**. I  spent 2 hours looking for this micro, and spent 20 minutes talking to a policeman (who actually found it) :lol:
:lol: