The Cult Of Celebrity

Simply Paul

On my LQ Cheshire cache Bonnie and Clyde posted pictures of a famous person they saw en route. I posted them to the NW caching forums but few people knew who he was. Lets see if the we can do any better here.

ca69bd82-db2c-4d4f-983a-00df82592bfb.jpg

e15174f9-d31a-45c4-89ef-e37452f0f7a3.jpg

Edited by Foinavon

A couple of months ago when caching in Alfriston, East Sussex we saw Bill Bryson. At the time we thought that we must be mistaken, but I googled him when we got home and it turns out he does have links with the village. Wish I'd gone over and said hello to him now!

I was at a pond in Dunblane today, and I bumped into someone. But for the life of me I can't put the name to the face. I think he was a MP. He knew I recognised him and sheepishly said hello. Really bugging me who he is now!!

After numerous google searches I have finally found out who it was that I bumped into whilst doing a cache in Dunblane, it was Lord George Robertson. Right I think I can go to sleep now. :huh:

We bumped into Dr Solly on Saturday at M1 J15: Trainspotting

He seemed surprised that we knew of him :huh:

Well, I've been on telly about three times, about 20 years ago, and I thought you needed to be on reality shows or soap operas to be known.

I was at my daughter's school pantomime several years ago, when one small child came up to me and said "I know you!" I grinned, glad that even a young child had heard of Dr Solomon ... "You're Angela's father", she said, which certainly cut me down to size.

We were collecting some clues behind the Houses Of Parliament recently - doing "The Smallest(?) Royal Park" cache and didn't realise for a start that we were hunting in the background whilst someone was being filmed.

When we got round the other side it was Nicky Campbell doing a report for BBC1's Crimewatch. I still didn't think it was anyone famous until it appeared on the telly a couple of weeks later :laughing:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...fc-02340320c439