Moun10bikes

deerslayer2

But Ver. 3 IS in production currently. He finally rec'd the tracking numbers from Groundspeak the other day.

Just to clarify, the coin is not yet in production but is close. I have been waiting for a couple of weeks to hear back from my usual minter to see if he can do alphanumeric tracking numbers (I'm moving from the sequential numbering system I've been using for tracking to MBXXXX tracking numbers due to a rash of false logs on coins in the past few months).

In case my minter can't do that, can anyone recommend a minter that can?

But Ver. 3 IS in production currently. He finally rec'd the tracking numbers from Groundspeak the other day.

Just to clarify, the coin is not yet in production but is close. I have been waiting for a couple of weeks to hear back from my usual minter to see if he can do alphanumeric tracking numbers (I'm moving from the sequential numbering system I've been using for tracking to MBXXXX tracking numbers due to a rash of false logs on coins in the past few months).

In case my minter can't do that, can anyone recommend a minter that can?

KV Coins can do Non-sequential Alpha Numerics.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Does anyone know if Coins & Pins can do non-sequential numbering?

I was so excited about getting my tracking numbers from Groundspeak that I probably said that things were underway! However, I always forget how long a process dealing with my minter can be! That's why I think it might be time for a change.

Its like I say, "If you want it cheep, go to www.songscoin.com" this guy is from Korea. He made the MIGO coins and can do sequential numbering. He also only charges (for 1.5 inch coins) 300 coins for 600 dollars!

Nothing against MIGO, but the engravings of the tracking numbers on those coins are hard to read and don't look that good. Just something to keep in mind.

I have been happy with Coins and Pins (geobone).

Good quality and they can do tracking numbers. They do not deliver the coins in order though! This means that when your coins arrive, you must match each number to the activation code :blink:

While a hassle, pre-printing stickers would be fine. Also, I am not sure if Moun10Bike plans to "own" all his coins. In which case, he simply needs to activate them all!

It sounds like Coins & Pins might be the way to go then.  I like the fact that the owners geocache, and the coins that they have produced have been top quality.

Tess from coins and pins was been a joy to work with. She never sleeps. I have sent e-mail with some changes to her a 12am PDT and got a replay back in just a few min. They will work with you by phone or e-mail. So far I have no complaints.

Richard

Edited by GeoCrickets
Good quality and they can do tracking numbers.  They do not deliver the coins in order though!  This means that when your coins arrive, you must match each number to the activation code  :lol:

The EU Geocoin is activated in a way that doesn't need a sticker on the coin. :D

The Geocoin club (and a couple of others going through the Geocoin club) are the same way. You enter the coin number and your email address and they send you your activation code. Then you go out to gc.com and activate just like normal. Works slick, both for the seller and the buyer.