Tb Found In Oc, Ca Dest. Wa

jeeptjdriver

I'm a NOOB. I've found my first TB, according to the tracking info its destination is a TB Hotel in Washington state. Do I just put it in another local cache and let it move on or get in touch with another geocacher in the area who may be traveling north and relay it to them to deposit in a cache closer to its destination?

If I'd started geocaching last week and had found this... I was in Seattle just last weekend. Would it have been acceptable to take the TB with me on the flight and put it in a cache somewhere in the Seattle area upon arrival, getting it that much closer to its destination?

Edited by jeeptjdriver
I'm a NOOB. I've found my first TB, according to the tracking info its destination is a TB Hotel in Washington state. Do I just put it in another local cache and let it move on or get in touch with another geocacher in the area who may be traveling north and relay it to them to deposit in a cache closer to its destination?

If I'd started geocaching last week and had found this... I was in Seattle just last weekend. Would it have been acceptable to take the TB with me on the flight and put it in a cache somewhere in the Seattle area upon arrival, getting it that much closer to its destination?

First of all congrats,

second - you can just put it into a cache that it will fit into,

Third - Yes if you would have found it and took it with you last week it too would be acceptable.

The TB owner phrased the goal kind of loosely (travel around...then go to). IMO, no need for a special effort, just place him at an upcoming find.

Yes, you can carry a TB by airplane on a trip that you are making. Objections don't usually start until you start using the mail.

The other TB you're holding warrants a thought. Some people are uptight about any changes to their TB. Make sure you are communicating with that TB owner to see if he has a preference regarding repairs.

Edited by QOCMike

Thank you for the replies. I have been in contact with the originator of the damaged TB and have repaired it to their satisfaction. They've requested that I now place it in a zip lock baggy before moving it along its way. I'm happy to do so. I plan to hit a remote geocache sometime today and see if it will accomodate this TB.

The other TB, which is bound for Washington, I will likely take to a local TB Hotel cache. Perhaps that way it will move farther along toward its goal. I'd hold onto it until my next trip to Seattle, but that could be awhile - which doesn't seem right to me. Afterall this TB has apparently been MIA for almost a month, it "needs" to interact with other geocachers. The TB had been dropped off at a geocache on 8/28, a cache that has been listed as temporarily unavailable since early September. I had downloaded the waypoint without reading the details, found the cache on 9/24. The geocache was no longer intact, having been been damaged by something with teeth. By chance I left the cache in a direction other than my approach and happened to find the TB lying in tall grass about 25 feet from the geocache. A fortunate happenstance.