New Cav Scout Geocoin Series Ii

Cav Scout

I am in the process of making my second edition Cav Scout geocoin. It won't be round like a traditional geocoin. I will be open to trade for personal geocoins and rare geocoins only. This will be a true personal geocoin for trade only and can't be purchased. Artwork to be posted soon...

Cav Scout asked me to post this picture for him. This will be his new coin.

Raven_coin_j1.jpg

I am in the process of making my second edition Cav Scout geocoin. It won't be round like a traditional geocoin. I will be open to trade for personal geocoins and rare geocoins only. This will be a true personal geocoin for trade only and can't be purchased. Artwork to be posted soon...

Cav Scout asked me to post this picture for him. This will be his new coin.

Raven_coin_j1.jpg

I spotted the mistakes and they are being corrected by Gary (the guy making the coins for me). Wonder is supposed to be wander. OIFGM is supposed to be OIFGA. The eye will be black.

I'm calling it the Cav Scout Raven geocoin. Ravens are smart and find all kinds of stuff.

What do you all think?

Edited by Cav Scout
Raven_coin_FINAL1.jpg

This is the correct version of the coin. I will have them sometime in October <_<

Some one asked me why I used the design I used. Let me tell you all why.

I use the Celtic circle of ravens on my coins because of the tattoo on my right arm. You may of noticed this design on Ravenswood wine. Good wine too.

The crossed sabers represents the Cavalry branch I belong to in the Army. My Job is being a RECCE Troop Cavalry Scout First Sergeant.

OIFGA 2005-2006 (Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005-2006) My time in Iraq.

The Raven standing over a cache represents a FTF or a find of any cache. Ravens are smart and clever birds. Ravens try to claim a find on everything they see. They live 30 to 50 years of age and are treated with respect by the Native Alaskans.

"Not all those who wander are lost" This is in respect to the late Author of LOTR. Since I do a lot of recon in the Military it seems like I'm wandering all over the place.

The compass rose represents my compass I use at work. Yes I am old school when it comes to map reading. I don't need a GPS to find a point on the map.

Cav Scout,

Don't have a personal coin yet but now I must create the ultimate Cav Scout dedicated cache that might prove worthy of a coin. Alaska's Great Bear is getting there ... but compass navigation will be brought to a high point as well as camoflauge worthy of a Raven's Eye only.

Perhaps then one coin will remain.

Cav Scout,

Don't have a personal coin yet but now I must create the ultimate Cav Scout dedicated cache that might prove worthy of a coin. Alaska's Great Bear is getting there ... but compass navigation will be brought to a high point as well as camoflauge worthy of a Raven's Eye only.

Perhaps then one coin will remain.

I can send you one of my new coins for a cache like that. :laughing:

Cav Scout. im interested in both your current coin and your new one. Im willing to purchase or trade. You can see my list at the link at the bottom of the page. Email me.

Smokey

I only do trades. As a rule to myself I will never sell one of my geocoins. I trade mostly for personal geocoins or hard to find geocoins. I don't do trades for geocoins I can buy.

CavScout,

Been wandering quite a bit working on the Alaska's CavScout Cache ... in your honor ... looks like you will need to find final waypoints of 4-5 of my other high difficulty level caches to just find the beginning start point. From there been wandering through the highways and byways finding and plotting various "distinct landmarks and landforms", following the clues carefully will lead to the final cache. Should be around a 4-5 mile wander if all goes well. Some of the wandering will be distinctly non-linear due to natural obstacles of which a fair amount so far are not showing on any maps that I can find.

Hope this will make the mark for placement of a few new coins.

PedalPushin

CavScout,

Been wandering quite a bit working on the Alaska's CavScout Cache ... in your honor ... looks like you will need to find final waypoints of 4-5 of my other high difficulty level caches to just find the beginning start point. From there been wandering through the highways and byways finding and plotting various "distinct landmarks and landforms", following the clues carefully will lead to the final cache. Should be around a 4-5 mile wander if all goes well. Some of the wandering will be distinctly non-linear due to natural obstacles of which a fair amount so far are not showing on any maps that I can find.

Hope this will make the mark for placement of a few new coins.

PedalPushin

Send me your address and I will send you one of the CSR geocoins for the cache.