Iowa Geocoin

CacheDragons

This thread, like so many others around here is amazing! :o

Even though it has been stated several times that placing pre-orders will do you no good, it does no good. :D

It's like throwing a bloody piece of meat into shark infested water...there's a feeding frenzy going on. :rolleyes:

Where's the popcorn? :D

kilted cacher wrote: I also noticed that 9key from Texas is doing the New Mexico Coin.

I've particpated in the NM Yahoo group for a couple of years and the coin design was made with NM cachers' input. The group was very supportive of the coin. :lol:

Back on topic...

Any designs yet, or did I miss that post?

Back on topic...

Any designs yet, or did I miss that post?

From a previous post:

I should get the drawing back from the die artist this week, and I will post it as soon as I do. The coin will contain a year of 2005 and it will be track able on geocaching.com as a state coin under "Iowa".

And this quote:

I have to decide on whether or not I want to add out a new icon for Iowa. I have messed around with a few ideas and came up with this image. It is the outline of Iowa with the Iowa map within it. I do not seem to be able to make the image any clearer than what you see.  going down to a 32 x 32 gif image you lose clarity.

So any thoughts on whether you think it would be good enough?

IA2.gif

So anyways...sounds like this coin is doing much better then the Wyoming coin. :lol: Hopefully we can see artwork tomorrow.

I have gotten tons..... of email for orders and plenty of postings from people who want the coin even without knowing the final price. So that will be 6,000 a coin :lol: , just kidding. So until I know my final cost I can not set that price and I am not going to send out email do you still want it once I do? It would be just to much work. I am still waiting on the die artist to return the final drawing. Once I have everything in place I will close this listing and open a new one and then start taking orders. Seems like I have no way to stop taking orders through paypal once my inventory is depleted so I may have to just invoice everyone to control the buying frenzy. That could take a while :ph34r: . I am getting anxious myself so I talked with the coin maker and they said that they are waiting on about 20 drawings to come back so the rest of you have been pretty busy getting your own coins in. Hopefully I will have somthing to post soon.

I have gotten tons..... of email for orders and plenty of postings from people who want the coin even without knowing the final price. So that will be 6,000 a coin <_< , just kidding. So until I know my final cost I can not set that price and I am not going to send out email do you still want it once I do? It would be just to much work. I am still waiting on the die artist to return the final drawing. Once I have everything in place I will close this listing and open a new one and then start taking orders. Seems like I have no way to stop taking orders through paypal once my inventory is depleted so I may have to just invoice everyone to control the buying frenzy. That could take a while :rolleyes: . I am getting anxious myself so I talked with the coin maker and they said that they are waiting on about 20 drawings to come back so the rest of you have been pretty busy getting your own coins in. Hopefully I will have somthing to post soon.

If you are working with Tess at coins and pins, I know that she is working all weekend on artwork for coins. I talk (email) her all the time.

Richard

mostly killing time, but will the front and back (obverse & reverse) be inverted? or will they have 'top' and 'bottom' in the same direction? Also, will the coin had special edges?

top and bottom being the same is standard. US currency is flipped. Somebody once posted some interesting info on that.

I think all the coin minters (minters?) do it the standard way unless specifically asked to rotate one piece of artwork 180 degrees.

Special edges are a very nice touch. And add cost.

How would they know which image to rotate? <_<

mostly killing time, but will the front and back (obverse & reverse) be inverted? or will they have 'top' and 'bottom' in the same direction?  Also, will the coin had special edges?

top and bottom being the same is standard. US currency is flipped. Somebody once posted some interesting info on that.

I think all the coin minters (minters?) do it the standard way unless specifically asked to rotate one piece of artwork 180 degrees.

Special edges are a very nice touch. And add cost.

How would they know which image to rotate?

How would they know which image to rotate? :unsure:

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I think maybe SilverMarc might be one of the people that pointed out info on that one time. I think the Silver Marc coins (which also has a 'reeded' edge, makes the whole thing like like giant 50cent piece :P ), as well as the USA geocoins are flipped. Not sure what other coins are flipped or have special edgings.

I think they flip a coin to see which one to invert :ph34r:

This has taken forever, I think they had lost my drawing for awhile. They are going to do a little tweaking tonight on color and hopefully tomorrow I will be placing my order for the coins. So in the next day or so I will open a new link to start building my list of coin orders. I am paying for the coins up front but will probably send a paypal request prior to the coins arriving so that I can start getting envelopes ready. All the details (cost, insurance, shipping....) will be in the new listing. The new listing is where I will start taking orders.

Iowa is truly known for 2 big things I chose the one that means the most to me.

The small Iowa farms, they have the most character.

I asked them to make the barn a little more red.

State Icon:

IA32X32.gif

Front of the coin:

ia_front.jpg

Back of the coin:

ia_back.jpg

Edited by CacheDragons