Iowa Geocoin

CacheDragons

I am in the final stages of creating an Iowa geocoin. Of course they will be trackable on geocaching.com . I have submitted my drawings to the coin manufacturer and as soon as all the tweaking is done and they make me a proof I will post what they will look like. I am not ready to take orders yet nor do I know what they will cost. Seems like every time I turn around I find another expense :ph34r:. After I get the coins in I will start taking orders. I mostly just wanted to get something out about them coming.

Going through all of these messages and figuring who wants 1,2,3 coins will be to hard to manage. What I intend on doing is once the coins are in I will post a link to a paypal shopping cart that you can go to an purchase the coins. Once the coins are about gone the link will disappear and I will post a note for request for the remaining coins.

Edited by CacheDragons

Wow CacheDragons. For someone who said "they are not taking orders" you could sure cash in here. You have a lot of people here committing to quite a few and they have no idea of the price of the first batch. Heck, you could charge $50 each for them, and from looking at the list, I'd say you have made about $4000 already :blink:

I am not ready to take orders yet nor do I know what they will cost. Seems like every time I turn around I find another expense :D. After I get the coins in I will start taking orders. I mostly just wanted to get something out about them coming.

Going through all of these messages and figuring who wants 1,2,3 coins will be to hard to manage. What I intend on doing is once the coins are in I will post a link to a paypal shopping cart that you can go to an purchase the coins. Once the coins are about gone the link will disappear and I will post a note for request for the remaining coins.

Wonder which part of this people don't understand??? :lol:

I am in the final stages of creating an Iowa geocoin. Of course they will be trackable on geocaching.com . I have submitted my drawings to the coin manufacturer and as soon as all the tweaking is done and they make me a proof I will post what they will look like. I am not ready to take orders yet nor do I know what they will cost. Seems like every time I turn around I find another expense :D. After I get the coins in I will start taking orders. I mostly just wanted to get something out about them coming.

You should really lock this thread so more people don't "pre-order" any more coins.

Hey CacheDragons......

Is this coin gonna be an I.G.O. coin, or is it your own personal coin? Just curious 'cuz I usually check in on the IGO forums and your post here was the first I'd heard of an Iowa coin. :ph34r:

At any rate, I'd be interested in 4, possibly more once I see the final product.

But for sure 4 if they remain gc.com trackable.

Jeff

It'll have an image of a potato, right?  :ph34r:

You are thinking of Idaho. They already have a coin

Oh right, Iowa has buckeyes.

Naw! Iowa has hawkeyes, Ohio has buckeyes.

I thought Iowa was the "Tall Buckeye State"

:)

You asked what land I love the best, Iowa, tis Iowa,

The fairest State of all the west, Iowa, O! Iowa,

From yonder Misissippi's stream

To where Missouri's waters gleam

O! fair it is as poet's dream, Iowa, in Iowa.

Just because this coin is not associated with IGO doesn't mean the coin isn't automatically a personal coin. This coin may be the state geocoin. Several states have more than one organization and they sometimes come together to produce a state geocoin, that is not necessarily associated with one particular group. Now, this begs the question - Who can create a state geocoin if one isn't created? Is there a rule about this, or can anyone produce a state geocoin?

Now, this begs the question - Who can create a state geocoin if one isn't created? Is there a rule about this, or can anyone produce a state geocoin?

It appears whomever wants to create it and does it. I know in PA, one basically appeared by the people on the west with almost no warning to those of us on the east of the state. We were told about it about a week before it went on sale, had no say in it even though it represents us and no advanced warning of when it would be available.

That being said, I'm not complaining about it, it came out pretty nice. I'm just saying that it's whomever takes the horse by the reins makes the coin apparently...