Nicknames

eranou

We came up with the name Jolly Green Giants out of thin air really. We are happy when were caching. were not actually green and considering that only one of us is 6ft the other 5ft2 and last but not least 4ft no giants either.

But senseitskc calls us Jill Graham & git (he likes robert really) hence J G G.

Da Rubber Chicken got his name beacause we have known him since he was a baby one year on holiday we brought him a wet suit for body surfing in cornwall. we nick -named him the rubber chicken. it has sort of stuck over the years.

Years ago, at Christmas, we asked my sister (Izzy and the Lizard King) for present lists for her daughters. When we came to try to do the shopping we had trouble reading one of the items on the list (in my handwriting). All we could see was "Bongtwash". It became a family word from then, with several different meanings, finally being us ourselves when we go geocaching and letterboxing.

If anyone can think what it might have meant, please let us know...Ooo err, perhaps that should be a new thread! :D:D

I suppose I had better reveal all.

Once upon a time I used to write for a magazine ( 8years once a month 1000 words)

For this I could not use my real name. ( ain't telling why) :D So I chose 'Mack The Hack' as the pen mane. As you can see this has now been shortened or squashed to McDeHack.

So now you know.

'Going to leave the country in disguise befor they catch up with me' :D

I instinctively knew I was going to be spending a whole lot of time here, and the only other place on the WorldWideWaste-of-time where I already spend a lot of time is a BBC messageboard called Mustardland by its regular inhabitants, due to the background, which is an exceptionally violent shade of yellow. Over there I'm just "Helen" so I thought over here I could be "Helen in Mustardland"

Although when I'm signing a logbook in the rain, I often wish I'd chosen something shorter! B)

too many TLAs MRS B?

Terry Wogan Fan Club Members - Terry's Old Gits or TOGs for short.

Um :D , maybe....if I knew what a TLA was. (Terribly Lame Answer?)

But the Mustardland I wandered into wasn't anything to do with the esteemed Terry. I'll give you a clue:

Dum di dum di dum di dum

Dum di diddly dum

Dum di diddly

Dum di diddly

Dum di diddly dum

Dum di dum di dum di dum Dum di diddly dum! :D

sheep.gifpig.gif Mrs B

would there be many caches in borsetshire?  :D

Ah! TLA - I see - Thanks Dave!

Geocaching in Borsetshire...that would be a good storyline for them, wouldn't it? ... Someone putting one up on Lakey Hill....Having to go and ask permission from Brian/David A or whoever.... I can feel a plotline developing... :D Perhaps HeleninMustardland can take it on....Mrs B

Edited by The Blorenges
I think it sprung from a Mike Leigh play - might have been Nuts in May, that really made it the worst name in the world.

Wow- Nuts in May - I may be the only person below the age of 30 to be familiar with that. Fantastic play! "I want to see the zoo, she said, I want to see the zoo...."

OK, maybe it wasn't that great, but I'm biased because it was filmed in Purbeck :D:D;):)

PS. Sorry, I'm a bit behind the times... this is a quote from a post right at the top of this thread... we're slow in Dorset. As they say, "Dorset born and Dorset bred, strong in the arm and thick in the 'ead." Or, alternatively, "I can't read and I can't write, but I can drive a tractor."

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

LeadMagnet was (and still is) my online gaming name - I'm absolutely awful at all of those online FPSs and am, therefore, a lead-magnet.

MOBMONSABII, on the other hand, is more specifically geared towards geocaching, and describes the moment I realized I was well and truly hooked:

"Middle Of Bog, Middle Of Night, Seeking Altoids Box. I'm Insane."

Thought this might be a good place to introduce myself to UK geocache...

Coyote was a nickname given to me IRL by mates - something to do with my looks :rolleyes:

It morphed into Kyot when I stumbled across KYOT-FM in Arizona... since when Don Kyot has taken on quite a significant Internet and Real life of his own; particularly as far as things like motorbiking are concerned.

Right now, enjoying getting into this geocache thing; and thinking about how it can be combined, in an interesting way, with biking...

hi!

Edited by kyot

Thought this might be a good place to introduce myself to UK geocache...

Coyote was a nickname given to me IRL by mates - something to do with my looks :anicute:

It morphed into Kyot when I stumbled across KYOT-FM in Arizona... since when Don Kyot has taken on quite a significant Internet and Real life of his own; particularly as far as things like motorbiking are concerned.

Right now, enjoying getting into this geocache thing; and thinking about how it can be combined, in an interesting way, with biking...

hi!

Evening Mister, good to see you wandered over here :grin:

Looking for an original name for my aol acount - they are ALL taken!

Anyway, casual browsing of a very large encyclopaedia revealed the ghostbat - macroderma gigas

Too good an opportunity to miss - and not taken in aol.

In fact I never use the aol name - just use it on those irritating websites that demands an e-mail address even when you have no intention of using them

Anyway I thought a ghost bat was petty neat - and there you are - macroderma

macroderma-better side