"adopting" A Bug.

NotThePainter

A local 5th grade class, along with their teacher, sent out a bug last year. Its goal was to return to Manchester, NH.

It did accomplish this, but possibly after the school year ended, I'm not sure.

It has been kicking around Manchester since then, wandering aimlessly.

I've emailed the teacher, I've called the school and left messages. I've not heard back.

I'd like to "re-goal" the bug. I was thinking of having it bounce between Manchester England and Manchester NH. Hopefully at least some of the now 6th graders are still tracking it.

Is this appropriate or should I just put it out again? Thanks.

Paul

Having lived with a grammar school teacher for many years (and we might do the same thing for one of the local classrooms someday) I would suggest that you grab that bug, package it up and mail it to Mrs. Katz Class c/o the school. That way it will truely complete its goal and at least some of the kids who don't have access to geocaching will be glad to see it back with all those charms added. I think it would be very much appreciated by the kids to see it again.

I see that you do have the tb and you noted that it arrived near the school on June 24.

School would have been out by then and it is likely that no one has seen your log yet. If the teacher did see the email but has not responded I can verify that teachers get a LOT of email and by late June they NEED a break from school stuff.

You can make their day as well as make it easy for them by, as I suggested earlier, mailing the tb to the school. The kids will want to see it return with all those charms attached and will be very grateful for your effort. This tb doesn't need to move around anymore until the kids get it back and decide to either keep it in the classroom or send it on its way again. If you place it in a cache it might leave the area and never get back again.

I hope you can help them out.