Adoption

Airmapper

It's much easier than that now, thanks to this page, no local approver involvement is required. Just have the cache owner use the Adoptions page to request that a specific cacher adopts their cache. The cacher will receive an e-mail that has a link to a page where they can accept the cache. Once they accept, the cache is adopted. RM

Thanks rocket man this will help alot of cachers wanting to adopt caches.

It's much easier than that now, thanks to this page, no local approver involvement is required. Just have the cache owner use the Adoptions page to request that a specific cacher adopts their cache. The cacher will receive an e-mail that has a link to a page where they can accept the cache. Once they accept, the cache is adopted. RM

Any ideas on how to adopt a cache when the cache owner is banned from GC.com??? I've been in contact with the owner and he wants me to adopt it but he can't list it as available for adoption :D

It's much easier than that now, thanks to this page,  no local approver involvement is required.  Just have the cache owner use the Adoptions page to request that a specific cacher adopts their cache.  The cacher will receive an e-mail that has a link to a page where they can accept the cache.  Once they accept, the cache is adopted.  RM

Any ideas on how to adopt a cache when the cache owner is banned from GC.com??? I've been in contact with the owner and he wants me to adopt it but he can't list it as available for adoption :D

Just write to contact@geocaching.com and they should be able to help you out. Don't expect an immediate response but they should get back to you. RM