Salisbury Caches - Any Suggestions?

we're leaving for Salisbury tomorrow - a week off work and a week devoted to caching - just what the doctor ordered! Are there any caches we should definately make a point of doing? We will have the car and are not worried about travelling a bit to get to something that should really not be missed.

Meant to start this thread during the week - talk about last minute!

Claire

I'm not sure that I can recommend any that I'd say really shouldn't be missed, but the following are ones that I think are really nice caches (with apologies to those whose local ones I haven't mentioned, but there are a fair few caches around here!). In order of distance from somewhere near me...

0.7mi

Multi-cache

(2/3)

Size: Small

Old Sarum - following The Wombles (Wilts)

Comment: Old Sarum is the site of the original city of Salisbury, and really well worth visiting.

3.1mi

Traditional Cache

(1/1)

Size: Regular

Hey Dude Where’s My Car (Keys)

Comment: Figsbury Ring, an Iron Age hill fort with marvellous views (cache themed on keyrings)

4.6mi

Traditional Cache

(1.5/3)

Clearbury Ring (Wilts)

Comment: Another hill fort, with great views - only do it if you want a one mile walk to the cache, uphill all the way!

6.1mi

Traditional Cache

(1/1)

A Sneezy Folly (Wiltshire)

Comment: A nature reserve, a folly, and good views.

7.5mi

Multi-cache

(2.5/2.5)

Spring Fields

Comment: A walk around a pretty village, with a twist in the tail.

7.7mi

Traditional Cache

(2/3)

'Beacon Hill'

A steepish climb to stunning views.

And a little further, but a really excellent multi:

12.1mi

Multi-cache

(3/1.5)

Quantum Leap (Part 1) (Hampshire)

I've tried not to include too many of mine in the list... <_<

Of course there are some super ones in the New Forest (North) just south of the city, not far at all and the views and countryside is lovely. We did Submarine Pens, as it is always a talking point that we went to the submarine pens in the New Forest !! and Abbots Well is there as well by the car park, so 2 for the price of one. Have fun

If you are in central Salisbury a nice walk around the town can be provided by doing Little Woodbury, Salisbury Cathedral Revisited (virtual) and View from the Bishops Garden. I recently did all three by wheelchair in 2 1/2 hours and was taking my time, giving the dog a run at every opportunity enroute.

This little circuit gives three different views of Salisbury Cathedral.