Geocoins-collecting

wild-weaver

I am interested in starting to collect geocoins. Where, besides trading at GC events, can I go to purchase coins?

Can I go directly to state GC org sites and purchase a coin?

Thanks,

Wild-weaver

Here is where a lot of people have coins available all in one place for sale and for trade:

CoinTracking.com

--Marc

September 22, 2005 @ 3:03 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I am interested in starting to collect geocoins. Where, besides trading at GC events, can I go to purchase coins?

Can I go directly to state GC org sites and purchase a coin?

Thanks,

Wild-weaver

It varies by who is making the coins. You watch in these forums, or on The Trading Post forum at Terracachers.org and see what's developing. Some state orgs sell directly in their own forums, some sell on GC.com, some both. It's flat out going to depend on the state and how they tackle the project of making a coin.

Hey RK....is the Trading Post down? I can't seem to connect today. Are you charging a fee now? :rolleyes:  :D  :)

Hmmm... I was thinking it was must my hotel filting out some sites since it was working intermitentantly.

Update: The Host Company had corrupt files on the server and in great star trek termonlogy this caused a cascade failure that created a mess with their backup files that they are working to get resolved. They said they have 15 sites to restore before the server is back online.

In reviewing thier logs the server has had issues from the start of this week. It wasnt' my hotel (though in the past it has been for no particulary good reason).

Edited by Renegade Knight
Hey RK....is the Trading Post down? I can't seem to connect today. Are you charging a fee now? :rolleyes:  :D  :)

Hmmm... I was thinking it was must my hotel filting out some sites since it was working intermitentantly.

Update: The Host Company had corrupt files on the server and in great star trek termonlogy this caused a cascade failure that created a mess with their backup files that they are working to get resolved. They said they have 15 sites to restore before the server is back online.

In reviewing thier logs the server has had issues from the start of this week. It wasnt' my hotel (though in the past it has been for no particulary good reason).

RK.....thanks for the confirmation that it was not just me.