Swags Coin 1st Edition

KirklandExplorers

QUOTE (Cornerstone4 @ Sep 27 2005, 04:35 PM)

I would like to trade for a SWAG coin. My trading list is here

T1 

Hey Thorny1, I'll trade you my swags for that Johnnie coin you have in your collection! 

C4 

<grins> There's one on ebay - I appreciate the offer though 

The last I checked, I was high bidder on it. :laughing:

Thorny 1, What I would like to know is, what part of your anatomy did you have to give up for that Johnnie Lacy coin ??

:o  :laughing:  :laughing:

T1 found it in a cache. The real question is how on earth did he get Ga Cacher and Team Pez to let him have it :o :o

(The 3 of them were caching together at the time)

<grins> I didn't give up anything, truly... now where is my eyepatch? :o

It does help to be the biggest, meanest, thorniest cacher in the group :o

T1

Edited by Thorny1
They don't have rules about pulling them. You can pull the auction if the item is no longer avaliable, which in his case it wasn't avaliable anymore so he pulled it.

Wha, huh? Ooops, I gave it to somebody else is a legit reason to pull something out from under someone who has made a bid?

I assume there had been bids, or the whole discussion is moot.

In my four years of selling on ebay, I have pulled three auctions. When there are bids and you cancel, you choise the "Cancel Bids and end auction" selection. You also have to select a reason, one of which is the item is no longer avaliable. If you choise that selection then the bidders are notified by email and they can not leave feedback since they did not win the auction and you are in the clear. So Cornerstone4....your in the clear if you want to "play" <_< ROFL.

Edited by ladycacher
Moot. That is a fun word to type and say fast 10 times!

sounds like a cow that's been eating peanut butter!

I've been on eBay for 6 years, over 500 feedback. I've never pulled an auction or had one pulled. Lots of times on stuff that might be listed in the local newspaper, sellers will state that they reserve the right to end the auction early if the item sells locally. In a way, that's what happened here. Since there were no bidders, I agree, no harm, no foul. If there had been bidders, I'd feel obligated to follow through, just as the buyer would be.

Moot.  That is a fun word to type and say fast 10 times!

sounds like a cow that's been eating peanut butter!

I've been on eBay for 6 years, over 500 feedback. I've never pulled an auction or had one pulled. Lots of times on stuff that might be listed in the local newspaper, sellers will state that they reserve the right to end the auction early if the item sells locally. In a way, that's what happened here. Since there were no bidders, I agree, no harm, no foul. If there had been bidders, I'd feel obligated to follow through, just as the buyer would be.

In my defense of pulling three auctions in the past, one of my kids broke it before it sold (at least I didn't ship it and say it got broke in the mail-that has happened to me), the description can be wrong, etc. I agree that you should follow through, but sometimes you can't.

I know that you are not taking a hit at me, but I wanted to make my case a little more clear.

Speaking of ebay...there are now four pages of geocaching stuff. I am thinking about starting to make "different" containers and sell them on ebay. Some of those containers are bringing some $$$.

Moot.....a cow eating peanut butter....that sounds like a new off topic thread to me! <_<

Edited by ladycacher