Swags Coin 1st Edition

KirklandExplorers

Check out our first edition Swags coin! Swags is the name of our slug who will be appearing on a variety of coins. We minted 100 of them and they are being distributed to the members at this time (they have all been assigned). Watch for them in the trading section if any member wants to get rid of one. Please don't email me as I am hanging onto my two coins :(

000_0032.jpg

The design is a collection of ideas that are not meant to be taken too seriously. The name of the group is GHOST after much discussion and a poll or two (Yimey- the pollmaster). We picked a banana slug for our themed mascot who will appear on many (or if not all?) of the coins. We picked a margarita glass for the heck of it and if anyone knows about slugs they know that they will dissolve if any salt is put on them.

I guess you could say that our coins are trade bait (is that bad?). Most of the members do not have a personal coin and this gives them an option of having something not of the usual category to trade. We debated the quantity to mint and decided on 100 as that gives everyone that wants to trade one and keep one in their collection. What I like the best about Swags is that I thought we would produce a Martha Stewart type coin (flowers, bows etc) but we ended up with a Steve Martin version instead :(

We are working on the second winter version now and will have it ready by Christmas.

Seriously, if there are others that want to do the same group coinage, email me and I will give you pointers on how to make the process as smooth as possible.

We did not make the coin for "Bait".

I guess you could say that our coins are trade bait (is that bad?).

:(

It was not intended to be a judgement, it's just how I perceived it when I first heard about the group whne it was forming. Perhaps a more sensitive description would be "the group that was created to make limited coins for themselves?" Is that accurate and non-infammatory?

And no, I would not say that it was a "bad thing." The coin looks nice too.

That is all. :(

I might be willing to trade my extra. I'm new to the geocoin collecting so I don't have many coins in my collection. I would probably be interested in one or a combination of the following GC.com unactivated coins for a possible trade?

German Geocoin

Colorado Geocoin

Michigan Geocoin

GeoBash Geocoin

Geowoodstock III

Ohio Geocoin

Personal Coin?

I might be willing to trade my extra. I'm new to the geocoin collecting so I don't have many coins in my collection. I would probably be interested in one or a combination of the following GC.com unactivated coins for a possible trade?

German Geocoin

Colorado Geocoin

Michigan Geocoin

GeoBash Geocoin

Geowoodstock III

Ohio Geocoin

Personal Coin?

email sent

got mine today, whoohoo! Number 42!!! The answer to life, the universe, and everything.

also number 89, most likely that'll be the trader one. Unless someone wants to offer me something REALLY good for 42.

I'll buy you a Pangalactic Gargleblaster at Milliways?

I think that's what swags is drinkin...

Now if you can get me Ford Prefect's towel, I'll trade that for it.