Ignore Forum Topics

mudbone

Sure would be be nice to be able to set certain topics in these forums to "ignore". It is getting tiresome scrolling a dozen pages of "View New Posts" daily when half of them are subjects I have no interest in, or in a language I cant read. This would be my Number One suggestion for improving these forums.

I ignore threads by. . . just ignoring them.

The View New Posts is not the best way to see what's new. Here's what I do. There are only three or four forums I'm interested in. So I'll go to the first one, this one for example. All the threads with new posts since the last time I was on are marked with the newpost.gif icon. If I want to read it, I click on the icon with my middle mouse button, which launches the thread in a Firefox tab. It will position the thread to the first new post in the thread since the list time I was on. Once I've launched tabs for all the threads I'm interested in, I just click on them, read them, and close them. When I'm done with that forum, I scroll down to the bottom, and use the drop-list to quick-access the next forum I want to read, and repeat the process. Easy as 3.1415926....

I ignore threads by. . . just ignoring them.

Ya me too, but I'd like to be able to ignore forum 'categories'.

Sometimes those forums post more than I care to scroll through.

No offense to those posters, but Waymarking category proposals and regional geocoin trades really don't interest me.