A Snoogans Coin? Could There Beeeee?

Snoogans

Snoogans, put me down to buy 4 and I'll pick'em up at GWIV!!!

:unsure:

Well, that's the plan so far. It gives me some room to meet a few other goals too.

If this project actually gets off the ground, (It should, I'm pretty sure. :rolleyes: ) look for the first release at my One Degree of Separation event to be held the night before GW4 in Cedar Hill State Park. Orders will be shipped after the event. The lowest #'s will go at GW4 and to those that help me along the way.

The Snoogstress has dibs on coin #1 and I'm not gonna argue with that. <_<

If the first run pays for itself, or I don't take tooooo much of a bath on it, there will be more.

I totally suck at this type of design stuff, so I'd entertain anyone's input. I'm sure it would pay off in a free coin(s) with low numbers.

I know PR has kindly offered as well, but my specialty is digital graphics and I'd be honored to help design a Snoogans dubloon.

Where's this signature? I dare say I can work magic with whatever you like...

I totally suck at this type of design stuff, so I'd entertain anyone's input. I'm sure it would pay off in a free coin(s) with low numbers.

I know PR has kindly offered as well, but my specialty is digital graphics and I'd be honored to help design a Snoogans dubloon.

Where's this signature? I dare say I can work magic with whatever you like...

I'll entertain anyone's ideas at this point. Thanks. :laughing:

Here's the sig that Dino Hunters made for me after I described how I sign a log book:

6543588f-7ca6-48c1-b070-dce5f437acfe.jpg

a5e1880f-d5e2-429b-bb85-65599c8426f8.jpg

607d760b-ebca-44a0-8529-7af0da3a0100.jpg

The first coin package I put together had the coins being minted at almost $6 per coin. YIPE! Gotta find another coin maker!!! 3K and then some + the cost of 500 GC.com trackable codes puts the coins out at about $10 per coin! (I had thought to do a run of 750, but nowwwww.) Oh sure, the coin would be of the highest quality, but I might as well put the stopper in the tub right now. I'd really take a bath on it.

I haven't even started to price the cheap Mardi Gras style coins to be tracked on my personal website that were to be packaged free with the GC.com coin. That idea may go on the back burner.

My next question would be what are folks used to paying for geocoins? How much more is a truly high quality coin worth to ya?

Edited by Snoogans

Here's the rest of Dino Hunters' excellent design for my forum "mood" signatures:

Eh: 0e5c2055-28f1-4c3b-a6aa-dfbd0b536a13.jpg

Happy: 3e875fb0-79ec-4d69-89d9-378d05037fb9.jpg

Mmmm: c5dbcf3a-f556-4850-af02-198e2e602add.jpg

Yeah! You're a jerk! 55dd40be-0192-4cd7-a5d4-b5bc4ab63917.jpg

Goofy: 9fe3bb37-76cc-4410-a53f-612cfc4b9027.jpg

Read between the lines: 3fba9c49-92ec-4cbc-8fc9-20a33de83db8.jpg

You're a whiner and frankly, you suck: b540a3c3-b11c-4bc2-a13e-672cb7276e7a.jpg

I ain't up to nuthin. Honest! 806825c7-5695-44ce-a36e-f2ad85c7610f.jpg

You got your chocolate in MY peanut butter! 49cebd08-6805-4adc-8acf-117d0910dfec.jpg

I was thinking of using the Devil and Angel versions on the Mardi Gras style coin if that ever gets minted.

Edited by Snoogans

If purchasing coins, usually anywhere from $5 to $9 has been charged with the exception of some of the AK coin variations and MIGO seasonals.

Unless you're adding too many extras like epoxy, edging and consecutive numbering, your coin cost for unlimited color should be around $6 or much less (including fees) PLUS the GC.com fees. So like $7.50 per coin.

WHOA! Hold the phones and STOP the presses!

Am I to understand that....I can't....selllllll..... my coin.?

I'm guessing if it's a GC trackable coin.... Hmmmm. <_<

Since the original usage agreement (before pc-tracking was available) was not-for-profit. You *should* be able to sell your personal coins AT COST. I believe I would consult Groundspeak on that specific question during the artwork approval process. If you were planning on making a few bucks on the venture, then as it's stated, NO, you can't sell your personal coin.

This project isn't a major priority right now, but I do hope to be able to release geocoins by GW4 in late May of 2006.

I've decided not to have a trackable coin to sell since most of the collectors I've spoken with could care less.

However, I've decided to finance the run in such a way that there will be a limited number of trackable coins in each run. Say 100 coins per run. These coins will be given away at events, just released by me, or sold at cost if it comes down to that.

That will give me 100 coins to play with per run and a $0 profit or loss. Umm, hopefully. :lol: I'm sure I'll still lose money, but what the hey. This is just for fun anyway.

My hope is to release 1 or 2 different coins a year until I've used up my GC tracking numbers.

If interest in my coins wanes before I've used my 500 GC numbers, I'll sell the remaining stock off at cost.

I've decided not to have a trackable coin to sell since most of the collectors I've spoken with could care less.

However, I've decided to finance the run in such a way that there will be a limited number of trackable coins in each run. Say 100 coins per run.

Smart move Snoog's on eking out those gc.com tracking numbers. Just seems like tossing rubles to the 4 winds as verily 1 coin in 1000 will likely ever see the light (well o.k. darkness) of more than one cache.

I'll take them all. I want to corner the market, then slowly eke them out on eBay, at one every other month.

I'll be rich I tellya, RICH!

Not to be outdone, a Hugh Jazz coin is in the works. A 'Personal' coin so it won't be trackable. Yes it will be a very big, heavy coin because I like big caches.