A Snoogans Coin? Could There Beeeee?

Snoogans

OK. I'm just testing the waters......

I don't really understand this coin craze, but the idea of having my own coin is kinda cool. I remember being very impressed with the first Moun10bike coin I saw and I wouldn't produce a coin of less quality if I could help it. I can afford the expense of a GC.com trackable coin. That's the only way I think I'd want to do one.... At least at first... <_<

Anyone interested? <_<

I haven't made the first step toward even having a coin minted and honestly, it could be a year or so. (Let's face it, I'm lazy.) ORrrrr they could be ready in time for GW4. We'll hafta see.

I plan on starting a personal geocaching related website for my One Degree of Separation project and I might even try to track some cheaper coins there. The idea would be to give 2 coins for the price of one. The second coin (anodized aluminum) would be pre drilled to be attached to your own traveler.

Anyone know if it costs extra for a cool GC.com icon like MiGO's or Maryland's??

I have no idea about the approval process. I understand GC has final approval on coin design for the ones that are trackable on their site.

Anyone think my motto, "A Snoogans in hand isn't nearly as much fun as a Snoogans in the bush," would get approved??? :blink:

Edited by Snoogans

I'd certainly be interested in a Snoogans coin.

As for tracking, the Icons are only available for organizations. You'd need to do a coin trackable under the Personal Coin icon. The last I heard on that, it was a minimum of 500 coins. I'm not sure what criteria Groundspeak uses on approving the design. When we did the GW3 coin, their main concern was that it say "Track this coin at www.geocaching.com". I'm not sure they get into content, though I'm sure something really offensive would be nixed.

Geez. Everyone wants to trade. No one wants to buy them.

Snoogans,

If you need someone to help design it, I'd be more the willing. I have a couple of ideas in my head. Actually I had already planned on making a coin or some type of item in your honor. Mostly as a joke but since you want the real deal then I'm in. Let me know if you want a couple of designs. I'll work on them.

Geez. Everyone wants to trade. No one wants to buy them.

Snoogans,

If you need someone to help design it, I'd be more the willing. I have a couple of ideas in my head. Actually I had already planned on making a coin or some type of item in your honor. Mostly as a joke but since you want the real deal then I'm in. Let me know if you want a couple of designs. I'll work on them.

Gosh Curtis, thanks.

I totally suck at this type of design stuff, so I'd entertain anyone's input. I'm sure it would pay off in a free coin(s) with low numbers.

I don't know what the choices are yet, but I kinda want a larger diameter/thicker coin with enamel like the Moun10bike coins have. Something with a quality look and feel.

I have a couple mottos in mind for the coin rim:

Snoogans is as Snoogans does

and

A Snoogans in hand isn't nearly as much fun as a Snoogans in the bush

The nitrofish from my profile page is NOT mine. It belongs to Nitrofish Racing, so I can't use it.

Something closer to my log book signature is what I have in mind. Dino Hunters did a great job with some artwork already. There's a pic of my log signature on these forums somewhere. I hafta look it up.

The second coin to be tracked on my website would be cheap stamped aluminum like Mardi Gras coins. I don't know if I'd use the same design or something different.

The idea would be to sell or trade separatly, but if you buy the GC.com trackable coin, you'd get the other free. I'm not lookin' to actually make money, but to offset the cost of a run and maybe help with website expenses if it comes to that. I'd keep the coins as low cost as possible.

Edited by Snoogans
I will trade with you or purchase. Thanks!

Your webpage really heled me understand how popular this coin thing is. :ph34r::ph34r:

MUST.....RESIST.....THE URGE....TO START..... A NEW COLLECTION!!! :ph34r:

OK folks, I'm gonna start lookin' at coin sizes and weights. This may actually happen and right now I'm determined for it to be gc.com trackable. :lol:

Snoogans must have charicature of CUJO on his coin! I also think a depiction of your vehicle in all that mud at GW3 might be cool on one side.

Hmmmm, Cujo might be on the stamped aluminum website coins.

The websit will probably be:

carnivaleofthesnooganesque.com, or some such.

I'm gonna do t-shirts and WWSD (What Would Snoogans Do?) wristbands too. The latter will probably just be cache swag and free extras with orders.