Logging Via Email Possible?

m.zielinski

You mean like "check the found field in Cachemate and then automatically send a mail to log this cache"? Sounds interesting.

Personally, I rather like to add to each of my logs a personal note regarding the cache and/or the hunt. But on the other side, I do not have to log hundreds of caches in a short time. That's certainly a challenge of its own right...

HoPri

Is it possible to log a cache via email?

I would like to have a way to log caches automatically via some automatic programm from an gprs connection out in the field....

You know, I wonder if something like this, or developing something like this would violate the ToS of the site... Looking (browsing) through the legalese, I couldn't see anything, except maybe the 'bot' clause...

You could then queue up you logs to run at some low traffic time...

Jeremy?

Here's a gentle Markwell to a prior post from Jeremy, expressing hope that the first thing to come out of the planned "Developer's Sandbox" would be a logging application. (See also the pinned thread on the Developer's Sandbox, at the top of this forum.)

While it's an old post I've linked to, I do believe that the Developer's Sandbox is still on the to-do list.

Still don't know if it would violate the currest ToS to do it with what we currently have (just only play with my own caches for the time being, until it works...)

This would be a very interesting feature - e.g. send eMail (while outdoor at the cache you have just found) with your GC.COM ID + Cache GC-Waypoint + Date & Time + LogType (Found it) + Text for remarks to a "Logging-Server" that will log the cache for you.

Very coooooooooool !

You mean like "check the found field in Cachemate and then automatically send a mail to log this cache"? Sounds interesting.

I am not too sure about the e-mail aspect, but I would love to see a GSAK addon for the PPC that would allow me to mark the cache as found and then when I plug my PPC into it's sync cradle, GSAK would automatically download the found tag, comments and such and automatically log them as found on the website. Now that would be worth paying for.

I currently use GPX sonar on the PPC which has a report feature so that when I mark a cache as found, when I get home I just run the report and it tells me which cache's I need to log. If there were just some way to automate the process, that would be wonderful.

And as a side not, if you currently use a Palm OS handheld, then Cachemate is the best way to go. I loved that program. Wish it was available in a Windows PPC format.

Cheers.

Baptist Deacon <_<

I currently use GPX sonar on the PPC which has a report feature so that when I mark a cache as found, when I get home I just run the report and it tells me which cache's I need to log. 

Have a look at "GGT" which is a tool of mine. It converts the output of gpxsonar (gsak-notes export) into a cachemate gpx-file which can be used via boulters express logger and also for importing the fieldnotes into GSAK..

It runs on the Pocket PC...

You can get it there:

http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/geocaching_ggt/

Edited by m.zielinski
Have a look at "GGT" which is a tool of mine. It converts the output of gpxsonar (gsak-notes export) into a cachemate gpx-file which can be used via boulters express logger and also for importing the fieldnotes into GSAK..

It runs on the Pocket PC...

You can get it there:

http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/geocaching_ggt/

I went to the website and then had to translate it into english. :ph34r:

I could not find a place to download the program you are referring to. Am I missing something??

Baptist Deacon