Do You Use Pocket Pc With Phone?...

I currently use an Orange PAYG sim in my PPC. Works fine but the tariff for out-going calls is harsh.

My current "main" mobile contract with 3 is coming to an end so I'm looking for an "ordinary" 2/2.5 G sim only deal with around 200 cross-network minutes to fit into the PPC so that the PPC can be promoted to my No 1 mobile.

I've looked round the bazaars and found myself bewildered by the permutations offered - nobody believes in transparency in their offerings!

Rather than list the morass of details, I though some others who may have already trodden this path can shed some light on the subject.

Has anyone found the killer, sim-only, anytime package that is ideal for the PPC equipped cacher?

go to the orange shop,

you will get half price line rental for 6 months, and a free phone such as a nokia 6230i.

which you could then sell for £180 ish. and that would essentially give you a years free calls.

and if you take in an old phone, you get £50 off your bill too.

i was going to go for this great deal, but my current contract o2 beat it when i told i was leaving.

they knocked £15 off my bill for life, so i now pay £10 and gave me the free phone..

so i sold my old phone, which has effectivaly paid my contract for the year.

Thanks for that, it does confirm what I've found. Deals with phones are better value that those without - go figure! ...as they say over the pond.

The best sim-only deal I've found so far is from BT via www.mobileshop.com.

150 mins x-network + 50 text - cost £27 month. BT discount the first 3 months, mobile shop rebates the rest! Basically - it's free for a year... on a 12 month contract! How do they make money at this???

I had to get them to email me back to confirm the details because I just could not believe what I read.

Now I am just waiting to get into my 30 PAC period to start so I can begin the transfer my present number...