Taking Multiple Vs Single Tbs From Cache

JC_Geo

Is it right to take multiple TBs from a cache? I have noticed there are some caches that have multiple TBs listed and was wondering if it is right to grab a few to help with their mission. Or should only a single TB be taken from the cache?

I'm sure you will have probably just opened the gates to the TB Hotel/Prison debate. :cry:

Personally I would say if you can help a bug take it, even if the cache says you may only take a bug if you leave one.

I would personally prefer to help a bug on it's mission thant to leave it sitting in a cache because I didn't have one to trade.

Now, I'm not saying go into an area and take all the bugs out of all the caches, but if there are bugs you can help with their mission I say go for it.

Once again, these are all just my opinions.

We usually take all TBs we know we can help and leave the others for someone else. However, there is always an exception to that rule. For instance we picked up a TB this past weekend only because it had been in the cache for over 2 months. Even though people had come to this cache no one picked it up. This particular TB wants its picture taken with engineering structures such as bridges, cool buildings etc. We are not going to any place that fits that description, but I feel like we helped the bug just by taking it from the cache it had been sitting in since mid July. We will place the TB this Saturday about an hour north of Virginia Beach and hopefully it won't sit very long before being picked up again.

Is it right to take multiple TBs from a cache?  I have noticed there are some caches that have multiple TBs listed and was wondering if it is right to grab a few to help with their mission.  Or should only a single TB be taken from the cache?

I take all the ones I can help. "Help" includes being able to place them promptly.

I bet you'll find, if you go back through the logs, that people have mentioned the listed bugs aren't there. At least, that's been my usual experience with non-hotel caches that have several bugs listed: most of them are MIA.

I'm notorious for hitting caches JUST for the TB. I love 'em. If I see that a cache has sat for a while with no finds, I'll "rescue" the bugs. Usually there are only one or two in the cache, so I don't feel badly about taking both just to keep them moving.

The TB prison/hotel argument is another story entirely...

I'm notorious for hitting caches JUST for the TB. I love 'em. If I see that a cache has sat for a while with no finds, I'll "rescue" the bugs. Usually there are only one or two in the cache, so I don't feel badly about taking both just to keep them moving.

The TB prison/hotel argument is another story entirely...

I'm kind of like you Joe. I do a lot of travel so I usually only go after caches with bugs in them as I know I will be able to help them rack up the milage! :ph34r: