Taking Care Of Caches

SGTHawkeye

I was wondering if anyone can help me. My husband is currently deployed to Iraq, and I know how much he cherishes his cache. I am physically unable to get to the cache without him, and I was wondering if someone can check to make sure it will make it through another winter. Thanks, SgtHawkeye's wife, Cathy

Cathy I am sure there will be an offer to help. Cachers are good people.

if someone in Junction City Kansas would like to check on this cache I am sure the young lady and her husband would be very thankful.

Note: Ill ask a mod to help move it.

Edited by LaPaglia
I'm not sure what you mean. What would I be looking for in the way of a regional group? I'm not really the geocacher, just the tagger along.

Hmm, I guess that wouldn't make much sense :)

What I mean is you might want to repeat this request in a regional forum (like the Great Plains forum on this site) and/or local group websites (their may not be one, I don't know). The reason being putting this in a 'general' forum it will get viewed by lots of people from all over the place, so even if they where able and willing to help, Junction City, Kansas might be far away.

I am moving this thread to the Great Plains forum. Also, someone will get in touch with the Geocaching.com volunteer for Kansas for assistance. I know that in my own territory, it's been a privilege to assist with some cache maintenance tasks while area geocachers were deployed overseas. I am sure that the geocachers of Kansas will do the same. I thank your husband for his service, and thank your family for your sacrifice as well.

*bump*

Has anyone in this area been able to volunteer to help out? I would gladly do so, but I'm several hours away...

Cathy, I hope you do find someone to help you out with the caches, and I appreciate the sacrifice you are making. God bless you and your husband, and Godspeed his return.

~dkwolf