Geocoins: Collect Or Transport?

Sommers

I don't understand the question...there are really people out there that use them as travel bugs???? :):laughing::ph34r:

Being serious now- the ones for travel bugs are trackable. Unless somebody drills a hole in the coin and attaches a travel bug tag to it.

I put mine in a ziplock baggie with a business card that explains the intentions of the coin. Usually I put in a card that says the finder can keep it or move it along to another cache. Either way I ask them to log it on my web tracking page (which isn't always done, even when I trade it :ph34r: )

I don't understand the question...there are really people out there that use them as travel bugs????  :)  :laughing:  :ph34r:

Being serious now- the ones for travel bugs are trackable.  Unless somebody drills a hole in the coin and attaches a travel bug tag to it.

I put mine in a ziplock baggie with a business card that explains the intentions of the coin. Usually I put in a card that says the finder can keep it or move it along to another cache. Either way I ask them to log it on my web tracking page (which isn't always done, even when I trade it :ph34r: )

Pffft, I don't log any coins in my collection. So you must be talking about me, lol.

It seems that some people put out coins to be collected and others treat them like travel bugs? how do you know which is which?

There is no way to know unless you see a listed in the cache and look it up. If you happen on one by blind luck I'd just take it. If it's a one ment to travel you did the right thing. If you should of traded...leave something worthy in the next cache you can.

If you trade your coin for that coin and then get an email from the owner saying "hey why ins't my coin traveling..." well.. sucks to be you. That happened to Night Stalker.