60cs And National Geographic Topo!

AZC

I'm still new at this and I tried to find the answer on this forum with no luck.

I know Nat'l Geogrpahic Topo! cannot be downloaded onto a Garmin 60CS. But I understood that I still could use N.G. Topo! for printing maps and sharing ride routes, etc. that were recorded on the 60CS.

Now I fear the 60CS is not compatible with this software. No matter what I try, the device is not recognized when connected via USB com port 1. I've tried to upload routes to desktop and then open with Topo, but I am not doing something right. I cannot find the route file on the desktop.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Steve

:blink: I believe you need a serial connection cord no matter what version of NG Topo you use. I was in the same predicament, so I called up Garmin customer service and explained how I'd just spent $500 on my second Garmin GPSr and and couldn't use it with my $100 NG Topo mapping software and what could they do to help? They were more than kind enough to ship me out a serial cord FedEx overnight - free of charge. Just one more reason why I will always be a Garmin customer! Good luck.
I know Nat'l Geogrpahic Topo! cannot be downloaded onto a Garmin 60CS.  But I understood that I still could use N.G. Topo! for printing maps and sharing ride routes, etc. that were recorded on the 60CS. 

Now I fear the 60CS is not compatible with this software.  No matter what I try, the device is not recognized when connected via USB com port 1. 

Steve,

If you want to use the 60CS's USB connection, you must upgrade NG TOPO by purchasing the TOPO Streets & 3-D Views expansion pack. It's only $20 and well worth it.

Rich Owings

www.MakeYourOwnMaps.com

www.GPStracklog.com

"We were desert mystics, my friends and I, poring over our maps as others do their holy books." - Edward Abbey