Site Busy

wildearth2001

I have been getting the

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]
  System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +146

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032 

messages when trying to get on to GC.com for the past 5 mins or so

I caint get in again, the problems are back....

Method not found: Int32 ?.get_AppID(). 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: Int32 ?.get_AppID().

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: Int32 ?.get_AppID().]
  Groundspeak.Web.User..cctor() +0

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Groundspeak.Web.User" threw an exception.]
  Groundspeak.Web.User.DeleteUserTokens(Int64 UserID) +0
  Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.LogoutUser(Boolean DoRedirect) +45
  Geocaching.UI.login_default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +872
  System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
  System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032 

Method not found: Int32 ?.get_AppID().

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: Int32 ?.get_AppID().

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: Int32 ?.get_AppID().]

Groundspeak.Web.User..cctor() +0

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Groundspeak.Web.User" threw an exception.]

Groundspeak.Web.User.Validate(String username, String password) +0

Geocaching.UI.login_default.NewLogin() +82

Geocaching.UI.login_default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +7

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

FWIW, me too.

Hey Guys and Gals,

This site is run by computers and software, both of which eventually require some sort of maintenance. Be patient and go take a nap. A couple of hundred individuals sitting there hitting refresh at the same time is the same thing as a denial of service attack. Chill out, go to Dairy Queen and get a waymark out of the way and get an ice cream cone and them come back and try it again.

Nice plug for Waymarking if I do say so my self.... :rolleyes:<_<:cry::(:D

Seriously, lets give them some time to work thru the issues. Even Earthlink, Microsoft, Apple, Cnn....... they all have technical difficulties at times. We have had issues in the past and Jeremy and Elias have done excellent work in getting the site back up and running and I have every confidence in the world that they will succeed again.

Cheers...

Baptist Deacon

Yep it's officially working - I just completed a log. I posted in here just to give them some feedback, not to badger badger badger badger bad... sorry, annoy them.

Thanks for the report. I'm hoping the site has stabilized while I continue to investigate.

:rolleyes: Elias

The site is working fine, but am I the only one who can't get a PQ? I have an unexpected day off tomorrow and want to go somewhere new.

Ah, my fault. I paused the PQ Generator when I was working on the site earlier. Its back on and processing queries. You should get them shortly.

:rolleyes: Elias

Well, I'm having to come in through the backdoor. I come through Forums and then click on my state. I then click on the menu on the left to go where I want to go in GC.

When I try to go directly to GC, I get a 'down for maintenance window.' No big deal except this has been going on for 2 days.

I can get in. It just takes me 30 more seconds. No biggie.

:)

When I try to go directly to GC, I get a 'down for maintenance window.' No big deal except this has been going on for 2 days.

You shouldn't be receiving that message anymore. That message was only up for about a half-hour yesterday morning. Try clearning your browser's cache to see if it clears up.

:) Elias

If you're on AOL, Elias suggested clearing the cache. Me, the big dummy, couldn't figure it out and he did. He did what I should have done and went to AOL's FAQ.

~To simplify, go to Settings, it's on your toolbar. You should get a Settings Index page.

~Go to 'Browser Settings'.

~You'll get 2 tabs. Click on "Clear My Footprints".

~Click on "Select Footprints to Clear". Make sure you click on, checkmark, "Browser Cache" to clear. The rest of the selections are up to you.

~Once you've finished your selections, click "Clear Selected Footprints" at the bottom of the window.

It then goes to work.

My thanks to Elias for the help.

:cry: