Missing In Action - Presumed Stolen

Azaruk

My TB "What A Wonderful World", after a trip of 39 057km, has disappeared.

The cache it was in at Lake Tuffy in Germany has been stolen.

My thanks to Reto & Bea for letting me know and for putting up all the "missing" posters in the Lake Tuffy area in an attemp to get the cache back.

What a shame - it was doing so well!!!!!

Is there a way of archiving a TB, listing it as inactive, missing, stolen or whatever?

Yes. The TB Graveyards are purely ceremonial, and many of them have been archived.

Go to your TB's page. On the top right, there's a section called "Travel Bug Options". On the drop down you will find "Mark Bug as Missing". This will extract the TB out of cache/hands of cacher... and transfer it to "Location Unknown".

If it does pitch up again one day, a cacher can log it... otherwise it remains in TB Heaven.

I've done a bit of a recon of my travellers tonight, and 17 of my 31 in circulation are definitely missing, while four more are presumed missing. I.e. two thirds of the travellers I've put out are now out of circulation. What a sad statistic. :(

Luckily I didn't attach too much meaning to them (apart from a few early coins I sent out into the world, of which none survived) - the coins I wanted to not go missing are safely in my hands. :)

Is there a way of archiving a TB, listing it as inactive, missing, stolen or whatever?

Yes. The TB Graveyards are purely ceremonial, and many of them have been archived.

Go to your TB's page. On the top right, there's a section called "Travel Bug Options". On the drop down you will find "Mark Bug as Missing". This will extract the TB out of cache/hands of cacher... and transfer it to "Location Unknown".

If it does pitch up again one day, a cacher can log it... otherwise it remains in TB Heaven.

Travel bugs never die. Once you have given it enough time, (sorry to say it - a year) you can re-release it. You can change the traveler, name, description, photo, mission/goal, just don't delete the logs of the people who previously assisted your bug.

I found a travel bug in Delaware and have just placed it in a geocach in Wisconsin. When I tried to enter information about its placement, I keep getting the message that this number doesn't exist, although I have been able to track it before. The number is <edited>. I'd like to report it, but can't. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chips Stone

Edited by GlobalRat
Removed Travel Bug number

I found a travel bug in Delaware and have just placed it in a geocach in Wisconsin. When I tried to enter information about its placement, I keep getting the message that this number doesn't exist, although I have been able to track it before. The number is <edited>. I'd like to report it, but can't. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chips Stone

You have been PM'd with the correct number. Always check zero's vs. O's etc. Alternatively contact the trackable owner.

Travel bugs never die. Once you have given it enough time, (sorry to say it - a year) you can re-release it. You can change the traveler, name, description, photo, mission/goal, just don't delete the logs of the people who previously assisted your bug.

Try Coinsandpin's Copt Cat TB TBcopycat. No need to by a new coin, just reuse your old tracking number. Is your trackable geocoin, Travel Bug®, or other traveling item lost or stolen? Then put that tracking number to good use and keep it traveling by using the Traveling Copy Cat Geocoin.

When you purchase this coin, input your tracking number in the entry box above and we will custom engrave this coin with your tracking number (one tracking number per coin). You can then put this tag into the geocaching wild and continue to see your tracking number travel. It is like recycling those unused numbers, and you can save money by not having to purchase new geocoins or TBs.

Better yet, this coin is affordable. By purchasing this coin, you can recycle your old tracking number for less than the cost of most other travelers. There is no additional cost for engraving your tracking number on this coin; the cost for etching the coin with your tracking number is included in the price!