Earth Geocoin

nscaler

You'd better check if there is a copyright on the image before going into production.

I was using the Google Earth picture because it was easiest to get. I'm sure someone can find a open source picture with clouds (more realistic). There could be a copyright problem. :rolleyes:

I like the CITO theme or will a CITO coin be next?

I have thought about this one. I was thinking of making it only available at CITO events at one per cacher. Then as an added bonus having it engraved with the cacher's name to make it unique and hard to trade. This would make it hard to get and get people out to do CITO. Something like 'This Coin is Presented to ________ ' or anything along those lines.

I was thinking about making an APE cache coin. Everyone who finds an APE cache can buy one, but only one! Just think, it could say "I go APE over geocoins". Then after that I plan to mint a coin commemorating the first ever archived letterbox hybrid. Maybe if you're lucky the French Speaking forum coin will follow. You'll need to speak French to buy that one.

I was thinking about making an APE cache coin. Everyone who finds an APE cache can buy one, but only one! Just think, it could say "I go APE over geocoins". Then after that I plan to mint a coin commemorating the first ever archived letterbox hybrid. Maybe if you're lucky the French Speaking forum coin will follow. You'll need to speak French to buy that one.

Oh yeah, how could I forget the one shaped like a film canister! :)

Now I have a reason to go to Maryland this fall and get the APE cache

Obviously you never saw the "Screw geocoins" thread. The guy was complaining about all the geocoin talk on the travelbug thread (before the split of topics). Then the orders started. Then I made a fake coin. And got orders.

If you search, you will find it. :)

Im still waiting for mine.... :D:rolleyes:

I love this.  Someone posts an idea for a coin, and everyone starts ordering them aimlessly. 

This coin has not even been designed yet.

I'll bet if I started a thread called "coin" I'd get orders.  :laughing:  Don't put your cart before your donkey.

Don't forget the "Screw Geocoins"

Edited by Cruiserdude
I love this.  Someone posts an idea for a coin, and everyone starts ordering them aimlessly. 

This coin has not even been designed yet.

I'll bet if I started a thread called "coin" I'd get orders.  :laughing:  Don't put your cart before your donkey.

Don't forget the "Screw Geocoins"

Just got mine!

Cool coin!

(There's even one on eBay now for $150 and climbing!)

...not

--Marc

September 28, 2005 @ 1:28 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Great Steve!

Do we need to vote?

Where On The Earth Is That Geocache?

or

Where In The World Is That Geocache?

What happened to the "Third Rock from the Sun" idea?

The shuttle side is perfect.

Edited by nscaler

Sorry, and I don't want anyone to take this personally, but I have to vote against the "Third Rock...". Just makes me think too much of the sitcom instead of geocaching and seems a bit too cliche.

I like the shuttle but doesn't it seem like it's just kinda jammed in there? Perhaps a bit smaller as pdx suggested.