Earth Geocoin

nscaler

The type is really a bit blocky, perhaps a "lighter touch" could be tried; the maps would look better if they weren't "sphereized" (without getting into any discussions of Mercator projections, etc.); and although the shuttle is large (as someone pointed out), it needs to hold the tracking number and I think it's a nice touch. (It does "Americanize" the coin, and if a GPS satellite could be made to work for this, I think that would clinch the idea.)

IMHO, of course.

--Marc

October 13, 2005 @ 2:41 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I like the Dillon Gang's graphics.

Just my two cents:

- Instead of a Space Shuttle have some type of satellite

- I like "Where on Earth is that Geocache".

And unless Geocaching.com has changed their guidelines, if you want to track this geocoin on their site, you have to use their logo too (like the Colorado geocoin).

Unless you could convince them to let to make a satalite that has the gc logo built into it.

Obviously you never saw the "Screw geocoins" thread. The guy was complaining about all the geocoin talk on the travelbug thread (before the split of topics). Then the orders started. Then I made a fake coin. And got orders.

If you search, you will find it. :)

I wonder if the people ordering coins from this thread understand that this thread is "For Amusement Only" and that there is no coin being made?

Obviously you never saw the "Screw geocoins" thread. The guy was complaining about all the geocoin talk on the travelbug thread (before the split of topics). Then the orders started. Then I made a fake coin. And got orders.

If you search, you will find it. :)

I wonder if the people ordering coins from this thread understand that this thread is "For Amusement Only" and that there is no coin being made?

No. This coin will be made. The original "screw geocoin" was a joke. Which turned into a real screw geocoin (with the nut geocoin coming later).