Earth Geocoin

nscaler

Well no one has mentioned this idea before - I think.

How about a global geocoin?

I grabbed an image from Google Earth, added some text and got:

earth1.jpgearth2.jpg

-----------------------Front----------------------------------------------------------Back

Just to get the creative juices going.

Take this idea and fly with it! :blink:

Edited by nscaler

earth1.jpgearth2.jpg

-----------------------Front----------------------------------------------------------Back

I hereby call dibs on production of the Uranus Coin. :laughing:

Amazing how someone says let's design something and it turns into I'll take this many........ This Geocoin craze is going wild!!! HAHAHAHA

That's exactly part of the reason it's becoming less and less appealing. I also love how there will be a limit to how many of a coin you can order and tons of people will totally disregard that in their requests. Read the whole post... jeez!

Amazing how someone says let's design something and it turns into I'll take this many........  This Geocoin craze is going wild!!!  HAHAHAHA

I thought the same thing tonight too, and laughed at how fast even "proto-coins" are ready to be snapped up!

Oh, here's my new geocoin, anyone interested?

[grin]

--Marc

September 17, 2005 @ 10:22 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

divocar.jpg

I'm only kidding, no coin collectors are expected to take it personally, okay!

I must agree with Varsgeld, I can only support buying a few coins per month and if everyone started making coins out of their 'ideas'(I am not not knocking the Earth Geocoin idea, by the way I would take 2 :blink: ) it would become less and less appealing. Right now I am just trying to keep up with all the coins coming out and trying my best not to miss any.

When are we going to have a Geocoin Swap Event anyway? One big event where everyone can get together and sell, trade, buy, show-off coins, etc.

Edited by Kilted Cacher

earth1.jpgearth2.jpg

I came up with this idea, and it is just an idea so far, to make a coin that would meet the needs of the many, not just the few. As one "bugger" put it, some states don't have a coin. There is a USA, Canada, German and EU coin. I'm just looking out for the rest of the world. Yes, there may be a "glut" of geocoins out there. And that is unforunate. I collect coins too, but I also have put USA, Texas and three different kinds of California geocoins in caches (five in a new cache I placed Murphy TB/Geocoin Hotel Cache).

I am just putting the idea out there. If people are interested in the idea and someone (like GC.com) wanted to make the coin, great!

I added a tracking # and trackable part after the "what is a geocoin" remark :D .

If this coin came out, I would get extras to place in caches. I think that around 2,000 - 3,000 of these coins should be made, although I doubt that would happen. If we make so many of these coins that the collectors are satisfied, maybe we can get some in some caches and moving around the world.

Wouldn't that be cool. :blink:

earth1.jpgearth2.jpg

I came up with this idea, and it is just an idea so far, to make a coin that would meet the needs of the many, not just the few. As one "bugger" put it, some states don't have a coin. There is a USA, Canada, German and EU coin. I'm just looking out for the rest of the world. Yes, there may be a "glut" of geocoins out there. And that is unforunate. I collect coins too, but I also have put USA, Texas and three different kinds of California geocoins in caches (five in a new cache I placed Murphy TB/Geocoin Hotel Cache).

I am just putting the idea out there. If people are interested in the idea and someone (like GC.com) wanted to make the coin, great!

I added a tracking # and trackable part after the "what is a geocoin" remark :D .

If this coin came out, I would get extras to place in caches. I think that around 2,000 - 3,000 of these coins should be made, although I doubt that would happen. If we make so many of these coins that the collectors are satisfied, maybe we can get some in some caches and moving around the world.

Wouldn't that be cool. :blink:

Heck... That would be the real purpose of a geocoin!

earth1.jpgearth2.jpg

I think Nurse Dave has you beat there on that idea. He has the world on one side of his personal geocoin.

I will take two if you make them.

Funny how everyone is already placing their orders, but no one actually offered suggestions to the design, which I believe was the original intent of this post.

I would suggest something like:

Geocaching: The World is our Playground

or

Where in the World is that cache?

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. I do like the idea of a earth geocoin though. Put me down for 2 :blink:

When are we going to have a Geocoin Swap Event anyway? One big event where everyone can get together and sell, trade, buy, show-off coins, etc.

There is a Coin Swap coming up on Sunday October 2nd in New Jersey, just outside of New York City!

Here'e the link:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a7096884-1ef2-4989-b131-8b536f119fe0

and here's the Waypoint: GCQH6H

Looks like fun!

--Marc

September 18, 2005 @ 4:36 PM

There is a Coin Swap coming up on Sunday October 2nd in New Jersey, just outside of New York City!

Here'e the link:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a7096884-1ef2-4989-b131-8b536f119fe0

and here's the Waypoint: GCQH6H

Looks like fun!

--Marc

September 18, 2005 @ 4:36 PM

Funny thing is, I am from Kentucky and will probably be about 50 miles from there that weekend up in Pennsylvania, so I may try to it out where I can stop by. Thanks for the info.

"Exploring the blah blah blah...one cache at a time" is overused so please use the "Marble" quote or something to that effect. How about "Caching on the 3rd Rock from the Sun" or some other cool slang?

Try and find a better font than regular Times Roman as it doesnt stand out as well.

Try something spacey or big and bold for the headline and use a smaller font for the smaller text...

I think a border would be cool but not too big. Maybe use a Fire, Earth Wind, & Water symbols around the perimeter?

For the tracking number space use a Space Shuttle or something at the bottom.

Just some thoughts...

Mike

"Exploring the blah blah blah...one cache at a time" is overused so please use the "Marble" quote or something to that effect. How about "Caching on the 3rd Rock from the Sun" or some other cool slang?

Try and find a better font than regular Times Roman as it doesnt stand out as well.

Try something spacey or big and bold for the headline and use a smaller font for the smaller text...

I think a border would be cool but not too big. Maybe use a Fire, Earth Wind, & Water symbols around the perimeter?

For the tracking number space use a Space Shuttle or something at the bottom.

Just some thoughts...

Mike

i think you missed your bed time...you seem grumpy :lol:

Great Ideas though...working on the space shuttle, 3rd rock from the sun...hmm