Where R They Made

deerslayer2

Instead of just putting out the addresses, I think it would be great if people would post who made their coin and possibly a picture. I am interested in having my own coin made and examples give someone an idea of a company's ability.

LadeBear68: If you send me your address I'll send you one of my coins that was made at http://www.coinsandpins.com (anticipating a state coin with a cool icon is in the mail to me already) :blink:

Instead of just putting out the addresses, I think it would be great if people would post who made their coin and possibly a picture. I am interested in having my own coin made and examples give someone an idea of a company's ability.

I would be indeed interessted in that too. I own about 20 geocoins, but only know from a few where they've been made. (I would especialy be interessted in who made the washington coins?)

How do you desing your coins? What kind of material those companies need when you want them to make you coin? How many coins have you bought? How much do they cost?

Just few questions on my mind..

Well, I use a professional graphic artist and he sends the art to the coin company directly. I sign off on the die proof and sometimes have to forward them the font because the one they used isn't correct.

Basic fees:

Dies - $198

Shipping - $65-75

Outside Artist: $30-$50 (depends on design)

Basic 2-sided multi-colored Coins: $2-$3 each depending on what options you choose (numbering, special edge, pricey metal, epoxy, etc)

For your first run of say 100, you'll pay around $600 easily.

How do you desing your coins? What kind of material those companies need when you want them to make you coin? How many coins have you bought? How much do they cost?

Just few questions on my mind..

Well, I use a professional graphic artist and he sends the art to the coin company directly. I sign off on the die proof and sometimes have to forward them the font because the one they used isn't correct.

Basic fees:

Dies - $198

Shipping - $65-75

Outside Artist: $30-$50 (depends on design)

Basic 2-sided multi-colored Coins: $2-$3 each depending on what options you choose (numbering, special edge, pricey metal, epoxy, etc)

For your first run of say 100, you'll pay around $600 easily.

My first run of coins only cost me around 450 dollars. And that was with five colors added. I did not need a artist of anytype. The folks who made the coin for me did all the work.

Edited by Cav Scout

I talked with Rusty (Rusty & Libby) about designing coins. He used to do it for two coins but now is at $50. He's moving towards being a one stop. He wants to do the art, the tracking codes and sub the coins to his coin partner.

Rusty has a nice portfolio, he's done the MiGO coins as well as personnel coins. See Blind Avacodo for example.

I talked with Rusty (Rusty & Libby) about designing coins. He used to do it for two coins but now is at $50. He's moving towards being a one stop. He wants to do the art, the tracking codes and sub the coins to his coin partner.

Rusty has a nice portfolio, he's done the MiGO coins as well as personnel coins. See Blind Avacodo for example.

??? I'm not charging for designs. I thought about charging people that had me design their coins and then bought them somewhere else but since my coin prices are lower than anybody else I haven't had a problem with people going elsewhere. I do still ask for a coin for my personal collection.

Rusty....

??? I'm not charging for designs. I thought about charging people that had me design their coins and then bought them somewhere else but since my coin prices are lower than anybody else I haven't had a problem with people going elsewhere. I do still ask for a coin for my personal collection.

Rusty....

Good to know cause I have a group coin design coming out in the late Spring that I was planning on soliciting your art talents on ;)