Remote Caches In The Continental Us

SCP-173

A long time ago I made a post looking for the most remote caches in the world, and the results were so good that a bunch of them are still on my watchlist, many still without any finders. That got me thinking about remote caches in the continental United States. What are some of the most remote caches you're seen? I mean just a single cache that's really far out of the way, with no others anywhere nearby.

I am not sure about the remote US caches in my part of the country (Pacific NW)-I am not that ambitious to go out to them-will leave those to others.

I was searching caches from other parts of the world, there were a lot it seemed in Africa, especially S Africa that were several years old in fact that had not been found, or found maybe once or twice. They didnt seem to be "vacation" caches either.

The caches listed so far look pretty cool (especially Dark Skies and Owl's Head) but they're not what I mean by remote. What I'm talking about are caches that if you click on "all nearby caches" you wont get any hits because there's nothing else within 100 miles or more. They don't have to be difficult caches, just in the middle of nowhere. I've only seen a few like that in the Continental US, and they were all out west.

I think it all depends on how you want to define remote. Yes, I know you just did but, Myotis' 100 Irish Wilderness in SW Missouri is a 9 stage multi taking you on a trek with this warning on the cache page:This cache is a 5/5 and requires a 20-mile backpack with at least a one night stay in the Wilderness. This is the largest Wilderness Area in Missouri (and probably the Midwest.)

That sounds pretty remote to me. :rolleyes:

BTW there is a cache 5+ miles away, but I'll bet you can't get there from here.