Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
AtlantaGal

Question About The South Africa Coin

I have one and it has this horrible black ink around the coin circular borders. The ones I see on eBay currently don't have this area inked at all (which is nice). Were there two versions of this coin or something?

So far as I know there was just one version. Looks like maybe you got the runt of the litter. If you bought it directly then I can say it would have been a complete accident. You may even have the ablity to trade it with the coin company for a good one - if they stand behind their coins.

I have no idea. I don't even remember who I got it from. I think it was someone local here who had an extra.

safrica.jpg

Sorry the pic is out of focus, but I just took a quick front back so y'all didn't think I was imagining things. It's an ugly coin this way, IMO.

Sorry, I have no idea.... :blink:

The ones I have are identical to the picture on Ebay. But, I have one available if you want to trade! :laughing:

Email me with what else you have too. Maybe we can work out a trade for my limited brass coin.

I see what you are looking at, and I agree... it doesn't look as nice. I would think that is a production mistake. When I checked mine, I noticed that they were made by KV Coins. Dunno if they would exchange if you contacted them, but might be worth a try!

I have no idea. I don't even remember who I got it from. I think it was someone local here who had an extra.

safrica.jpg

Sorry the pic is out of focus, but I just took a quick front back so y'all didn't think I was imagining things. It's an ugly coin this way, IMO.

Looks like they messed up the antiqued brass finish.

So all the other coins are perfect and this one has a factory defect. If it's anything like stamps...it's worth more...

Edited by Renegade Knight

Again, once I started seeing them show up on eBay I figured I had an oddity. And yeah, they're usually worth something cause they're one of a kinds or one of a few. But it's a butt ugly coin this way, that's for sure.

Sorry AG, mine looks pretty much just like yours, near as I can tell. I didn't think it was ink, though, just the way the metal was supposed to look. Looks sort of like stained wood to me.

Sorry AG, mine looks pretty much just like yours, near as I can tell. I didn't think it was ink, though, just the way the metal was supposed to look. Looks sort of like stained wood to me.

So do we have defects or what?