Business's Sprang From Geocaching?

Softheads

I have no way of knowing about profitability, but there are a number of Inns and outdoor activity companies like canoe/raft liveries operating in North America and Europe that offer various geocaching packages.

Also, there are several magazines, books and videos marketing geocaching information.

And I have heard of enterprising cachers who offer themselves as instructors or guides for caching.

And, of course, there are the Where's George types or people who consistantly trade down. :):)

Has anyone /does anyone know of.. someone who has been able to extract the CASH part out of geocaching?

Of course, there are stores that sell GPSr's etc. What about caching tours or other services or ventures?

:):)

Wait... MAKE money with this? :) With all the $$$ I've spent on coins (mine and others), I wonder if that'll ever happen!

Announcing "Joefrog's Geocaching Big Apple Geocaching Tours!" :)

Cabelas has squeezed a bunch of bucks out of me for ammo cans. Wal-Mart and the local dollar stores have gotten a bunch of business for trade stuff.

My average cache costs me (between the container, log book, camera and trades) about $15 to $25. Times 60 hides. Equals at least $900 and upwards of $1500.

Add to that the 4 GPSrs and I have a minimum of $2500 plus gas, a few motel rooms, bandaids, shoes etc...

The economy does well on this obsession.

I think the gas stations all around do pretty good because of geocaching/geocachers. I'm wondering if the upward demand for fuel around the world is due to caching becoming more popular. :)

Maybe somebody will do a study on this for us.

I haven't checked on how much Garmins/Magellans stock prices have went up since the game began.

EDIT: I went and looked at garmins stock and their revenue has definitely increased the last 3 years. I'm not sure if it's geocaching related, but it definitely couldn't hurt. :)

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/RevenueEPSSumma...N&selected=GRMN

Edited by LSUFan