Changes To Waymark Pages

Not currently. Do you think they should be? Should they be free to change the waymark at all?

The waymark owner should be free to make changes to the page. I asked the question while I was thinking about making some cosmetic changes to a few of my pages. Normally I go through several edit/submit passes when making modifications to things, and I was wondering how much I would be annoying the category manager if an email was sent each time I clicked the "Update" button.

Should the category managers be notified? If I was a category manager, I'd like to know when a waymark in my category had been changed. But obviously, for the more popular categories, this doesn't scale.

The category managers should at least be notified when a waymark is archived.

Along the same lines, I'm assuming a category manager can archive a waymark listed in that category.

But can a category manager make changes to a waymark page?

No. Not yet anyway. We need to have a change history implemented before we allow this. When it is done, think of it as a permission-based wiki except you can also make suggestions for changes as a regular user.

Along the same lines, I'm assuming a category manager can archive a waymark listed in that category.

No. Not yet anyway. We need to have a change history implemented before we allow this. When it is done, think of it as a permission-based wiki except you can also make suggestions for changes as a regular user.

Nice. Flexibility and accountability.

Is the plan to have changes made by both the category manager and the waymark owner tracked in the history?

Nice. Flexibility and accountability.

Is the plan to have changes made by both the category manager and the waymark owner tracked in the history?

Yes, the plan is to log any and all changes to the waymark for later auditing, regardless of who made the change. Jeremy can correct me here, but I believe only the category manager(s) will be allowed to approve the suggested changes, whether they come from an interested third party or the founder of that particular waymark.

Disclaimer: This is all theory at the moment and subject to change