San Antonio Capture The Flag/ Halo 2

Stern963

I would like to set up an organized caching competition using Capture the Flag and Halo 2 multiplayler game variants (assault, multi bomb, neutral flag, multi flag, neutral bomb) in San Antonio. This would be played during an afternoon in a park. Email me at truster7463@sbcglobal.net if you are interested.

Well, the idea is to use the game variants from Halo/Halo2 in the real world with the aid of GPS receivers. I think this could be done on a very small or a very large scale. I think two teams of 4 or 5 would be a great start. Here are the game variants:

Single flag is the following:

There is one flag assigned to a team. This team is "Defense"

The other team will be "offense"

Gps coordinates of each teams' base will be given out.

The "defense" team must guard the flag from capture. If the flag is captured then the flag must be returned to the capturing teams home base before it is recovered.

A flag cannot be successfully captured if there are members of the opposite team occupying your base.

I was thinking of using a flag football type "elimantion" and "capture" system so it would be easy and safe to see who was "out" and it would be easy to take the flag back from the opposing team. If somebody is "elimated" or "captured" then they must give up the flag or bomb and return to base in order to re-enter the game.

Neutral flag is essentially the same, but there is one flag in an unknown location denoted by GPS coordinates. Both teams race to capture the flag and compete to contest its capture.

Multi-flag is the same, but both teams have flags and play offense and defense simultaneously.

Assault uses a "bomb" that a player must "arm" in the enemy's base. The bomb is something like a 10 second kitchen timer. The permutations are the same as Capture the Flag.

Land Grab is a game that uses plots of land in hidden locations that the teams must capture and hold, uncontested, for a certain period of time. Judges would track the team scores.

Yes, you each player would have a flag on their person and it is used for elimination purposes. This flag is different than the "objective flag" and you can decide what the penalty is for being flagged out (go to home base and re-enter game, sit out fo X # of minutes, what ever. ) With single flag and multi flag the enemy base locations can be the hidden coordinates.