Oifga Coin

Cav Scout

I have started to split up the extra gold OIFGA coins for the all of the Iraq vets who are requtesting a con. I am asking the silver OIFGA coin holders if they are willing to split ways with their extra coins and give them to other cachers. I may have to make a command choice on this one and limit the coin to one per cacher.

Let me know your thoughts.

Just a suggestion.. how about ordering 200 coins instead of 100 so everyone gets what they want?

Most coins ordered are first come first serve, so ordering more would make all happy! :)

I have started to split up the extra gold OIFGA coins for the all of the Iraq vets who are requtesting a con. I am asking the silver OIFGA coin holders if they are willing to split ways with their extra coins and give them to other cachers. I may  have to make a command choice on this one and limit the coin to one per cacher.

Just a suggestion.. how about ordering 200 coins instead of 100 so everyone gets what they want?

Most coins ordered are first come first serve, so ordering more would make all happy! :)

I am only ordering 100. If I was to increase the number I would get more requests to add another 100 on top of the exsisting order. I am staying with 100 coins because of where I am at in Iraq and the time I have to manage the coins which is very limited for me right now.

Ordering more should also bring down the cost per coin. 200 of the silver version is still quite a collectible number. I'd really like to have 2 of this coin for sure.

Also, do you have an updated list of pending orders?

I will post a list of pending orders in the next few days. I am still sorting out who was in Iraq,etc.

I agree with the one gold per soldier who was there. Theres no reason other than trading to have more than one, and surely these coins should not be for trade.

I actually requested 5, not for trade, but for for personal, commemorative reasons. I'll knock my request down to 2, since both members of the geolands team was in Iraq. Thanks. Cav Scout, PM sent, pics tonight.

Edited by geolands

Here are some rules for the Gold OIFGA coin:

Must be a Veteran of Desert Sheild/Storm thru Operation Iraqi Freedom III and a active Geocacher.

Had to of been in theater, Kuwait or Iraq.

Must be Military. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines. Active, Retired, Honorable discharge.

Must show a picture of you there in Iraq or Kuwait.

Right now I am going one Gold coin per request. If you requeted more than one I will take away as needed to support any other requests for the coin.

If your name is already one the list you are good to go.

A new list is currently being worked on.

I have started to split up the extra gold OIFGA coins for the all of the Iraq vets who are requtesting a con. I am asking the silver OIFGA coin holders if they are willing to split ways with their extra coins and give them to other cachers. I may  have to make a command choice on this one and limit the coin to one per cacher.

I would like to retrack my request of 3 of these coins. Please give them to the vets.

Thanks

Terrible Ts

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Terrible Ts

I got the most amazing email today :cry: . I'm not going to say any names but I will say this, a Geocacher volunteered to pay for the 50 gold OIFGA coins that are being made :) . It is their way of paying respect to the service members :cry: . You will never find a better group of people than you will with Geocachers. Actually many of you have offered help to me in many ways on this coin project. All I can say is thank you!!! ;)

Edited by Cav Scout

Cav Scout ~ Please feel free to take my name off both lists in order to give them to the soliders who served. Yes, I would love a silver one...but I know a vet would love it more than me (gosh..never thought I'd hear myself say that someone would love a coin more than me!!! LOL) and yes my brothers would like one but not as much as a "real" cacher whose also a vet would. If you still have room after giving the vets one and/or made more coins than 100 then please put me back on the list for a silver.

Also, THANK YOU to all the soldiers from all the companies for all that you have done...in the past, now and in the future to come. God Bless You All ~

STAY SAFE!!! :cry::cry:;)

I got the most amazing email today :cry: . I'm not going to say any names but I will say this, a Geocacher volunteered to pay for the 50 gold OIFGA coins that are being made ;) . It is their way of paying respect to the service members :) . You will never find a better group of people than you will with Geocachers. Actually many of you have offered help to me in many ways on this coin project. All I can say is thank you!!! :cry:

I would also like to thank that donor. That is incredible!!! And Cav Scout, thank you for all your hard work and effort in all of this.

I got the most amazing email today :cry: . I'm not going to say any names but I will say this, a Geocacher volunteered to pay for the 50 gold OIFGA coins that are being made ;) . It is their way of paying respect to the service members :) . You will never find a better group of people than you will with Geocachers. Actually many of you have offered help to me in many ways on this coin project. All I can say is thank you!!! :cry:

Classy move, whoever you are! What a simple, but amazing "thank you" to all the folks who have served. :D

Whomever you are Thank You.

People never stop amazing you with their generosity.

Hi All,

I'd love to get a gold coin or two if I could. Biggeek Ben is an OIF I vet. In fact the whole reason I started 'cachin was to learn to use the GPSr I bought to take to Iraq. I thought readers of this thread may appreciate the following pic. This is me in Iraq, I was a 240 G machine gunner which meant I had a lot of access to 7.62 ammo cans. The one in the picture made it back to the states, in a cache I placed in NV.

73073_500.jpg

Jimbeau's Cache

BGB

I got the most amazing email today <_< . I'm not going to say any names but I will say this, a Geocacher volunteered to pay for the 50 gold OIFGA coins that are being made :huh: . It is their way of paying respect to the service members <_< . You will never find a better group of people than you will with Geocachers. Actually many of you have offered help to me in many ways on this coin project. All I can say is thank you!!! :blink:

I just came back to catch up on the thread... this is absolutely amazing! Whomever that person is... YOU ROCK!!!

I would like a gold coin, although I am a little bit disappointed in the choice of CAB over CIB (or CMB; or in conjunction with).  Please let me know what I must do; pictures are easy and enroute.  What else would you need?  How about a copy of the PERSCOM wartime service validation for Army (found through AKO)?

I had to go with the CAB because it is a award any MOS in the Army or attached Services can get. Not everyone can wear a CIB, that is reserved for the 11 series (Not that you did'nt already know that) This is a coin for all American vets, not just the Infantry men and Medics...

Edited by Cav Scout
Cav Scout asked me to post the proof of the coin for everyone to see.

oifga.jpg

Ok this is the final of the coin (pending the approval of the geocaching.com logo I may add) I am trying to decide on upping the order to 150 coins. 75 gold and 75 silver. The coin will be 1 3/4 inch wide by 2 3/4 inch long. If I increase the number will you all buy the coins?

oifga.jpg

Ok this is the final of the coin (pending the approval of the geocaching.com logo I may add) I am trying to decide on upping the order to 150 coins. 75 gold and 75 silver. The coin will be 1 3/4 inch wide by 2 3/4 inch long. If I increase the number will you all buy the coins?

Heck yes. Put me down for 1 of each.

oifga.jpg

The Gold coin will be open to all combat Vets/Veterans past and present, ie WWII to now. That is if I increase the production number. The OIFGA title will remain the same.

Edited by Cav Scout

Cav Scout... I don't think you'll have any problem with the increase from 50 to 75 of each. If others don't want them, I will buy some more.... but for now I'll leave it open to others. I would love to get one of the Gold... but I fail to qualify... so I'll be honored to be able to have a silver...

Cav Scout... I don't think you'll have any problem with the increase from 50 to 75 of each. If others don't want them, I will buy some more.... but for now I'll leave it open to others. I would love to get one of the Gold... but I fail to qualify... so I'll be honored to be able to have a silver...

Same here.

oifga.jpg

I doubt it too if you have any problems selling the extras, as we would be interested in a silver or 2 also. BTW great looking coin.

Edited by Prairiepartners

oifga.jpg

Is there some significance to the orientation of the flag?

We never wore US Flag patches in the Marines, but I know soldiers where them on both sleeves with the blue union portion closest to there heart. This means a normal appearance of the flag on the left arm, but a 'backwards' appearance on the right.

We'll have to wait and see what Cav says as to why the coin has the backwards flag <_<

The blue field with stars must always be leading the flag's direction of travel as if it is being moved while attached to a flagpole. When a soldier is wearing a flag patch on the right shoulder of their uniform the orientation of the flag must be reversed so that the stars are in front while the soldier is moving forward.

I wore the reversed flag patch in Bosnia and never did care for the orientation. I would have prefered to wear the patch on my left shoulder so that it would be oriented properly but in the Army soldiers wear patches that designate their unit on the left shoulder and combat patches on the right shoulder. Even though the flag is not a combat patch, just a patch identifying soldiers as belonging to the U.S. Army when deployed with soldiers from other countries.

We'll have to wait and see what Cav says as to why the coin has the backwards flag <_<

The Army wears the reverse flag, Flag being on the right shoulder. I think its fine the way it is, looks real nice Cav Scout!!

Thanks for the explanation guys. But I would have preferred for Cav Scout to come tell me in person <_< <if you get my drift>

oifga.jpg

Is there some significance to the orientation of the flag?

The flag with the blue field in the upper right corner is a representation of our Nation going to war. Its the direction of travel as the Army Moves forward to fight Terrorism. If you have ever seen any of my pictures in this forum or the ones I send everybody, you will notice the flag on my ACU top is worn the same way.

Hope this clears up why the flag looks backwards.

Edited by Cav Scout

oifga.jpg

Why I chose the shape and why I put what I did on the coin.

The box/rectangular shape represents the boxes of ammo and supplies the military uses everyday in its fight against terrorism.

The four branches of Service represents whos here in Iraq.

The flag is for the patch I wear on my right shoulder.

The GPS is for map reading and navigation (with geocaching on the side.)

The ammo can is for the cans of ammo on my Stryker vehicle.

The CAB (Comabt Action Badge) is for all of the Soldiers who have earned the badge while being here in Iraq.

2005 to 2006 is for my time here in Iraq.

FTF.... That says it all. Not to many geocachers have a FTF in a combat zone!

Gold color is for the Military and Silver is for the families and friends who support the Military.

Edited by Cav Scout

When the Army wears the American flag on the right shoulder of the ACU,DCU, or BDU uniform it represents the Flag as going forward into battle. Imagine the flag on the antenna of a car, that is how it would look.

The Army is currently wearing the American flag like this in Iraq, Afganastan and all over the world. He wants the coin to represent the Military. Put all worries to rest, the flag is correct on the OIFGA coin. All 13 stripes and all 50 stars are on the flag.

Just curious, any idea on the cost per coin for us? Cause I had an idea... mark up the civilain coins $1 or $2 and use the money to buy items for your group stationed there when someone gets leave... like cigs, coffee, candy, whatever. It would be like a care package from all the crazy coin folks, sort of :ph34r:

Here is the up to date list. Lots of changes here. The order here will tell you what coin number you will get. Gold 1-75 and Silver 1-75.

GOLD COIN

CAV SCOUT 2

MAJ BRAIN

M M HUNTER 2

LADY CACHER 2

PGHLOOKING

DONBDABON

GO JAYBEE

PRNTR1

FLYRFN

YOGURT99+1

SDA JUMPMASTER