Oifga Coin

Cav Scout

How about ex miltary members from Canada? Think I might qualify for a coin? If so I would like one of the gold military ones. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of my time overseas and post them. If not then I'll certainly take one of the silver ones.

The Gold coins are for the US Military forces only. However you can still get one of the Silver coins.

Heres who I have on the list so far,

Military (Gold edition)

Cav Scout x 3

MaJ Brain

M&M Hunter x 2

Kilted Cacher x 5

PGH Looking

Donbadabon

FLYRFN

YoGuRt99+1

SDAJumpmaster

KFRM1

4agers x 3

Teepeeayy

KevinG68

Geolands x 5

Phantom Dog

Prairiepartners x 3

idtimberwolf x 2

LoriDarlin x 2

2 Bugs

Geekgirl x 2

Go Jaybee

Bluegillfisherman x 2

MrPaseo x 2

Motorbug x 3

Terri and Billy x 3

Cent5

=50 0 left...

Civilian (Silver edition)

Blind Avocado

Lemon fresh Dog

Atlanta Gal

Bison Woman

Dough Ball

Lady Cacher

Vargseld

SGT Stiches

Wildwoodbob

prntr1

magellan315

hammerjane

xrn95

1pyankeefan

rupert2

Incredibles x 2

Wright Stuff

Smokey and the teacher

Cog and Gil

Dliming

Teamshydog

Redwingdave

Clan Barron x 2

Lori Darlin

SirGerald

Team lightning bugs

9Key x 3

damenance

YemonYime

Los Xile

Cache hounds

Shop99er

Bekinibottomfeeders x 2

ManGenGHO x 2

Msytery Ink x 3

Undaunted

Cascadepkr

Fotomom

Cent5 x 2

=48 2 left...

OIFGA Coin status.

Gold coins are all asked for. There will be a additional list for those who can have the Gold coin if I get any no pays/lost interest.

Now comes the fun part with getting the coin made up and posting some pictures. The design will be secret,he he. I promise to post a prototype ASAP.

I'd like a couple if there are any left please. 1 gold 2 silver maybe?

And you know my Military history :blink:

Cent5 slipped in onthe last gold coin #50. I was wondering when you would show up on this one :laughing: .

Man I had NO idea this was going on. I have been so wrapped up getting the ACD set up I've not been paying attention. BTW the GS Troop has picked up the ball for a couple packages for you but it's gonna be a couple weeks.

Just to let you all know "Gary" from Quality Lapel and pins (www.QualityLapelPins.com) will be making the OIFGA coins for me. I had him make my Cav Scout geocoins and I was very pleased with the service and quality of the coin. The coins will be made in Korea just like all the other geocoins out there, expect for the AK coin, and we all heard the story about a million times how the AK coin was a true struck coin, yada yada yada... Bottom line is the coins are still made by humans and machine. The OIFGA coin will be unique because it will be the first geocoin to honor Service members from Desert Shield/Storm to present. The coin in a way will honor all service members past and present. I can't back up on the OIF portion of the coin. OIF is my generation of war. Hopefully it will be the last for future generations...

Military (Gold edition)

Cav Scout x 3

MaJ Brain

M&M Hunter x 2

Kilted Cacher x 5

PGH Looking

Donbadabon

FLYRFN

YoGuRt99+1

SDAJumpmaster

KFRM1

4agers x 3

Teepeeayy

KevinG68

Geolands x 5

Phantom Dog

Prairiepartners x 3

idtimberwolf x 2

LoriDarlin x 2

2 Bugs

Geekgirl x 2

Go Jaybee

Bluegillfisherman x 2

MrPaseo x 2

Motorbug x 3

Terri and Billy x 3

Cent5

=50 0 left...

Blind Avocado

Lemon fresh Dog

Atlanta Gal

Bison Woman

Dough Ball

Lady Cacher

Vargseld

SGT Stiches

Wildwoodbob

prntr1

magellan315

hammerjane

xrn95

1pyankeefan

rupert2

Incredibles x 2

Wright Stuff

Smokey and the teacher

Cog and Gil

Dliming

Teamshydog

Redwingdave

Clan Barron x 2

Lori Darlin

SirGerald

Team lightning bugs

9Key x 3

damenance

YemonYime

Los Xile

Cache hounds

Shop99er

Bekinibottomfeeders x 2

ManGenGHO x 2

Msytery Ink x 3

Undaunted

Cascadepkr

Fotomom

Cent5 x 2

XFalcon1 x 2

=50 0 left...

OIFGA Coin status.

This is the final list. the coins are all spoken for. You can still add names in case somone cancels out.

I have decided to take the extra coins from from the geocachers on the Gold list and give them to the Iraqi vets who email or add a reply asking for the coin. I just need proof now that you were indeed a Service member during Desert Shield thru OIF III. A picture will do (its gotta be in Iraq somewhere). It may come down to only one Gold coin per Service member to be fair, I wanted a few extras myself :blink: . The Silver coin will stay the same.

Edited by Cav Scout

Military (Gold edition)

Cav Scout x 3

MaJ Brain

M&M Hunter x 2

Kilted Cacher x 4

PGH Looking

Donbadabon

FLYRFN

YoGuRt99+1

SDAJumpmaster

KFRM1

4agers x 3

Teepeeayy

KevinG68

Geolands x 5

Phantom Dog

Prairiepartners x 3

idtimberwolf x 2

LoriDarlin x 2

2 Bugs

Geekgirl x 2

Go Jaybee

Bluegillfisherman x 2

MrPaseo x 2

Motorbug x 3

Terri and Billy x 3

Cent5

Ralphieboy wg2

=50 0 left...

Blind Avocado

Lemon fresh Dog

Atlanta Gal

Bison Woman

Dough Ball

Lady Cacher

Vargseld

SGT Stiches

Wildwoodbob

prntr1

magellan315

hammerjane

xrn95

1pyankeefan

rupert2

Incredibles x 2

Wright Stuff

Smokey and the teacher

Cog and Gil

Dliming

Teamshydog

Redwingdave

Clan Barron x 2

Lori Darlin

SirGerald

Team lightning bugs

9Key x 3

damenance

YemonYime

Los Xile

Cache hounds

Shop99er

Bekinibottomfeeders x 2

ManGenGHO x 2

Msytery Ink x 3

Undaunted

Cascadepkr

Fotomom

Cent5 x 2

XFalcon1 x 2

=50 0 left...

OIFGA Coin status.

Current wait list.

I have decided to take the extra coins from from the geocachers on the Gold list and give them to the Iraqi vets who email or add a reply asking for the coin. I just need proof now that you were indeed a Service member during Desert Shield thru OIF III. A picture will do (its gotta be in Iraq somewhere). It may come down to only one Gold coin per Service member to be fair, I wanted a few extras myself :blink: . The Silver coin will stay the same.

Okay, so let me get this correct. And I'm not sure how, but you want proof that we were in the service during the time period listed. If that is correct, do you have access to the military records software? I know personnel folks do, even over there. If you do, I will give you my, my husband's and my son's ssn. We all geocache and the 3 coins were 1 a piece.

And just as a maybe, this is the pic my son, Will of kris&will, submitted for the white jeep contest with stuff he brought back from Kosovo.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/log/c69ff...894676c0b77.jpg

And my pic with my uniform for the same contest,

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/log/0e6dd...916be04d657.jpg

But regardless, let me know what you want. I know I have plenty of pics from my service on my laptop which I can email you but nothing from my husband's service as our house burnt down in '96.

Thanks for all your efforts in this geocoin. I, for one, really appreciate it. This is an awesome idea and regardless of your decision of dividing up the coins, I thank you. And, if I can't get all 3 coins, just put me on a waiting list. If nothing else, we can share at the one that I know I'll get!

Terri

Okay, so let me get this correct. And I'm not sure how, but you want proof that we were in the service during the time period listed. If that is correct, do you have access to the military records software? I know personnel folks do, even over there. If you do, I will give you my, my husband's and my son's ssn. We all geocache and the 3 coins were 1 a piece.

And just as a maybe, this is the pic my son, Will of kris&will, submitted for the white jeep contest with stuff he brought back from Kosovo.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/log/c69ff...894676c0b77.jpg

And my pic with my uniform for the same contest,

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/log/0e6dd...916be04d657.jpg

But regardless, let me know what you want. I know I have plenty of pics from my service on my laptop which I can email you but nothing from my husband's service as our house burnt down in '96.

Thanks for all your efforts in this geocoin. I, for one, really appreciate it. This is an awesome idea and regardless of your decision of dividing up the coins, I thank you. And, if I can't get all 3 coins, just put me on a waiting list. If nothing else, we can share at the one that I know I'll get!

Terri

Yep, Teri was there a LONG time... my first POC for sending Care Packages to the troops! SHe and I got Operation Kool Aide off the ground - July 2003! Man how time flies... I'm sure I have pics of you and Keri ... and I don't know about posting them... maybe we could talk Ron into puting some of your pics Teri, on the OKA web site? I think I have an envelope from you with an APO postmark on it from back then that had some negatives in it...

RB

Oh we also had a lot of coverts not in Iraq that would qualify, but we can't mention any names and can't give you any proof on them, unfortunately for a few years yet... Hmmmmm.... interestinng...

Military (Gold edition)

Cav Scout x 3

MaJ Brain

M&M Hunter x 2

Kilted Cacher x 4

PGH Looking

Donbadabon

FLYRFN

YoGuRt99+1

SDAJumpmaster

KFRM1

4agers x 3

Teepeeayy

KevinG68

Geolands x 5

Phantom Dog

Prairiepartners x 3

idtimberwolf x 2

LoriDarlin x 2

2 Bugs

Geekgirl x 2

Go Jaybee

Bluegillfisherman x 2

MrPaseo x 2

Motorbug x 3

Terri and Billy x 3

Cent5

Ralphieboy wg2

=50 0 left...

Blind Avocado

Lemon fresh Dog

Atlanta Gal

Bison Woman

Dough Ball

Lady Cacher

Vargseld

SGT Stiches

Wildwoodbob

prntr1

magellan315

hammerjane

xrn95

1pyankeefan

rupert2

Incredibles x 2

Wright Stuff

Smokey and the teacher

Cog and Gil

Dliming

Teamshydog

Redwingdave

Clan Barron x 2

Lori Darlin

SirGerald

Team lightning bugs

9Key x 3

damenance

YemonYime

Los Xile

Cache hounds

Shop99er

Bekinibottomfeeders x 2

ManGenGHO x 2

Msytery Ink x 3

Undaunted

Cascadepkr

Fotomom

Cent5 x 2

XFalcon1 x 2

=50 0 left...

OIFGA Coin status.

GeoAspen has been added to the list for a Gold coin. Remember I need a picture for proof for anyone requesting a Gold coin after GeoAspen.

Please keep us in mind as former military.

Was in during the first Desert Storm, but was stationed at Ft. Carson and spent it at Ft. Hood Texas training Louisiana national guard troops. If I knew how to post a picture as proof I would 

: :blink:

What unit was you in at Fort Carson? I was there during that time and some of the Soldiers from 2nd Squadron 7th Cavalry went to Hood to train up the NG during Desert Sheild.

Edited by Cav Scout

There will be pictures posted soon of the coin and of me designing the coin in Iraq. I'm posting the pictures bescause I think geocachers would like to know this coin is really being designed here in a combat zone. As I am typing this note there are reports of sniper fire coming down on one of my PLTs. No injuries or KIAs... Hope my Scouts catch that BAS****.

There is room for the Gold coins. However you must be a OIF/Desert Storm vet that was actually deployed inthe country to own the coin from here out. I respect Vietnam, WWII, Panama, Grenada, etc. but the coins are for Iraq Vets. Once the window is closed on the coin I will give the extra Gold coins to the Vets of other wars.

Remember this is a Iraq war theme coin.

Thanks for all of your interest in the coin. I will get this coin out fast!

Note!!! If you have a purple heart for Iraq and have the orders I will give you the coin for free...

Edited by Cav Scout

Please consider adding me to your waiting/standby/backup/any/all list for any type of OIF Geocoin that you feel is appropriate. I agree that actual combat veterans should receive a special limited edition design that signifies the special nature of the sacrifices that they and their families are making. I am prior service U.S. Army from 1992-1998. I deployed to Bosnia in 1995-1996 but have no combat experience.

I met you a couple of months ago when you joined TracerBullet and I hunting a FTF for NBA Power Forward in Tacoma, Washington. You schooled us big time and I've been following your finds ever since. I've seen pictures of your Cav Scout Signature Coin and had been watching for one before you deployed.

You are an awesome cacher and I'd like to request being placed on any list for any Geocoin you are involved with, now or in the future.

I thank you, your fellow soldiers and your families for the sacrifices you are making. You are all true heroes and I am honored to have the opportunity to personally thank you for your service.

Fish on!

I would really like to be on the wait list for a gold coin. I served In the Navy during the Kuwait Liberation, Desert sheild and Desert storm On board USS Kitty Hawk, As well as some other duties that won't be mentioned here... I haven't found the old photos since the last move but here is a current one of me and my ribbon rack... Note the bottom left and bottm right ribbons as proof of service in theater. I will continue to look for my old photos, They are here somewhere!!

ribbonrack.jpg

Cav Scout,

Put me down for a coin - if possible to purchase more then one please let me know. I was part of OIF in 2003 20 March - 15 June then off to AFG 17 June - 01 April for OEF to continue the good fight. I had my rino with me but I didn't have much time for caching. It seems the Army or the bad guys always had something else for me to do.

I'm MI/CI (military intelligence / counterintelligence) and wore civies my entire tour. Since we lived in the hills we were also allowed beards - that's why i don't look very military.

This coin will make a nice addition to the collection...

note: images avg 450K in size - may not be safe for dial up.

AtlantaGal and Cymbaline deserve mention for being good friends and pointing this out to me.

pix from tour

Edited by armkreuz

I'd like one gold and one silver if possible - my brother-in-law is over there now with the Georgia National Guard - he caches under the name Team Grin-n-Behret. I'm ex-Navy but was already out for Desert Freedom although our carrier (USS Coral Sea) shot down Khadafi's jets in '85 :rolleyes:

T1

If you open it up to former military, I would like to get one, as my littel brother was in Desert Storm, and I spend the summer of '81 floating (USS America CV 66)south of there before it became a hot spot... Please let me know

lyonden_ut

BU1(AW) USN Ret

Seabee's Can Do

Edited by lyonden_ut
:rolleyes: Wow, looks like I'm late getting on this list, I would love a gold coin or a silver. I was activated for Desert Shield/Storm in 1991 and did my 6 months as a US Army MP, My unit went to Europe to replace the forces taken in the initial deployment of US forces into the Gulf, It was great duty and the families of all the soldiers that went to the gulf really appreciated our presence, at that time there was an unusually high terrorist threat level on all of the posts in Europe.If you get any no pays, or no replies, please count me in. Although I didn't serve in the gulf, I was put on active duty and shipped over seas for this operation, combat pay and all. Like I said, a gold coin would be preferable but silver would be great too!! Thank you. I can send a pic of me in Germany or the Netherlands. <_< Edited by 57chevy

I have started to split up the extra gold OIFGA coins for the all of the Iraq vets who are requtesting a con. I am asking the silver OIFGA coin holders if they are willing to split ways with their extra coins and give them to other cachers. I may have to make a command choice on this one and limit the coin to one per cacher.

Let me know your thoughts.

I'd like one gold and one silver if possible - my brother-in-law is over there now with the Georgia National Guard - he caches under the name Team Grin-n-Behret. I'm ex-Navy but was already out for Desert Freedom although our carrier (USS Coral Sea) shot down Khadafi's jets in '85 :)

T1

Ask him to respond to the forums with a picture from Iraq and I will add his name to the Gold list.