Oifga Coin

Cav Scout

Pssst Cav Scout....

You could always do two metals. Have a real limited metal like gold or something for former/current military and have a silver version for us civilians. From the posts in this thread alone, you'll have no trouble selling them.

Thanks Alanta Gal. You will get credit on that idea :P . I will most likely do it that way now.

Do you have a price and what they look like? I just got back from Kirkuk, Iraq in the Air Force. Most likely I will get two.

Price will more than likey be around 5 dollars. No pictures yet. I just thought of this in the DFAC a few days ago. This will be my third time making or help masking/designing a geocoin. I am going to stick to 100 coins. No more no less. I saw what happened with the AK coin and that was a lot of work for Ladybugkids.

I am doing this from a combat zone in Iraq which will give the coin more meaning.

Time to go on patrol...

Pssst Cav Scout....

You could always do two metals. Have a real limited metal like gold or something for former/current military and have a silver version for us civilians.  From the posts in this thread alone, you'll have no trouble selling them.

Thanks Alanta Gal. You will get credit on that idea :P . I will most likely do it that way now.

I saw this done at an event recently, a brass coin for attendees and a silver one for people who could not attend but wanted to buy. If you need help with this project I'm sure you could easily find someone to deal with shipping coins or anything else through this thread

Cav Scout,

I am a DA civilian. I volunteered to deploy to Iraq last summer for 6 months (may-nov) with the Corps of Engineers. We were there for the reconstruction efforts supports 1st Cav and various Marine Corp units. (If you belong to 1st CAV then you might be familiar with our mission). I was stationed in the green zone , but had projects in Tikrit, Fallujah, Balad, Bayji, Baghdad, Mosul, Basrah, Haditha, (and too many more to list) that we monitored contracts for. Needless to say, travel to those sites could get scary! That's another story. I am very proud of my time there, and was very greatful to see our men and women of the armed services in action. They had so much dedication. I would like to order 5 coins. Whether it be military or civilian, it does not matter. I just want to be able to commemorate those soldiers and my time spent with them. Thanks

Sorry for the multiple edits, spelling, reword, etc. As far as the coin color would appreciate either or both, depending on how you (Cav Scout) see it!

Edited by geolands
Cav Scout,

I would be interested in one coin. I did my time in the Navy back in the 80's. As you said you are doing this from combat zone so if there is anything you need help with from state side please let me know. I would be more than happy to help out.

Chris-Team Shydog

I'm thinking I might be able to use some help here now.

Cav Scout,

I would be interested in one coin. I did my time in the Navy back in the 80's. As you said you are doing this from combat zone so if there is anything you need help with from state side please let me know. I would be more than happy to help out.

Chris-Team Shydog

I'm thinking I might be able to use some help here now.

email sent

Please add me to the civilian list for three coins. One for me, one for a brother who is currently serving (not a cacher) and one for my other brother who lost his best friend in Kirkuck in last last two months ... Sgt. John Ogburn...due to a vehicle accident. We'd all appreciate one and may God bless you all and keep you all safe over there.

Heres who I have on the list so far,

Military (Gold edition)

Cav Scout x 3

MaJ Brain

M&M Hunter x 2

Kilted Cacher x 4

PGH Looking

Donbadabon

FLYRFN

YoGuRt99+1

SDAJumpmaster

KFRM1

4agers x 3

Teepeeayy

KevinG68

Geolands x 5

Phantom Dog

Prairiepartners x 3

idtimberwolf x 2

LoriDarlin x 2

2 Bugs

Geekgirl x 2

Go Jaybee

Bluegillfisherman x 2

MrPaseo x 2

Motorbug x 3

Terri and Billy x 3

Cent5

Ralphieboy wg2

=50 0 left...

Civilian (Silver edition)

Blind Avocado

Lemon fresh Dog

Atlanta Gal

Bison Woman

Dough Ball

Lady Cacher

Vargseld

SGT Stiches

Wildwoodbob

prntr1

magellan315

hammerjane

xrn95

1pyankeefan

rupert2

Incredibles x 2

Wright Stuff

Smokey and the teacher

Cog and Gil

Dliming

Teamshydog

Redwingdave

Clan Barron x 2

Lori Darlin

SirGerald

Team lightning bugs

9Key x 3

damenance

YemonYime

Los Xile

Cache hounds

Shop99er

Bekinibottomfeeders x 2

ManGenGHO x 2

Msytery Ink x 3

Undaunted

Cascadepkr

Fotomom

Cent5 x 2

XFalcon1 x 2

=50 0 left...

OIFGA Coin status.

Edited by Cav Scout

Please include me in on this one, I would like at least one, two if possible.

I spent a year over there already and am about to rack up a second tour. (One for each trip).

The first one will go in my non trade pile, the second will either be a give away or actually placed in a cache.

Please contact my wife or I at mrpaseo@hotmail.com when they are ready.

Please include me in on this one, I would like at least one, two if possible.

I spent a year over there already and am about to rack up a second tour. (One for each trip).

The first one will go in my non trade pile, the second will either be a give away or actually placed in a cache.

Please contact my wife or I at mrpaseo@hotmail.com when they are ready.

Name added for two OIFGA coins.

Military (Gold edition)

Cav Scout x 3

MaJ Brain

M&M Hunter

Kilted Cacher

PGH Looking

Donbadabon

FLYRFN

YoGuRt99+1

SDAJumpmaster

KFRM1

4agers x 2

Teepeeayy

KevinG68

Geolands x 5

Phantom Dog

Prairiepartners x 3

idtimberwolf x 2

LoriDarlin x 2

2 Bugs

Geekgirl x 2

Go Jaybee

Bluegillfisherman

MrPaseo x 2

=36 14 left...

Blind Avocado

Lemon fresh Dog

Atlanta Gal

Bison Woman

Dough Ball

Lady Cacher

Vargseld

SGT Stiches

Wildwoodbob

prntr1

magellan315

hammerjane

xrn95

1pyankeefan

rupert2

Incredibles x 2

Wright Stuff

Smokey and the teacher

Cog and Gil

Dliming

Teamshydog

Redwingdave

Clan Barron x 2

Lori Darlin

SirGerald

Team lightning bugs

9Key x 3

damenance

YemonYime

Los Xile

Cache hounds

Shop99er

Bekinibottomfeeders x 2

ManGenGHO x 2

Msytery Link x 3

Undaunted

=44 6 left...

OIFGA Coin status.

Still room for a few more orders.

Vietnam, II Corps, 1968-69

USA, 173rd Airborne Brigade

Shared a base camp with the 1st Cav for a time at An Khe, but mostly we were in the bush. Did a bit of LRRP when I was thinking of extending. If that is remotely similar to being a scout, well, good luck and stay safe.

My personal connection to Iraq is a cousin's step-son in the Army was killed there last year. If I can get one coin, I will give it to her. If I can get two, I'll keep one. Three would be teriffic!

Two other family members are in Iraq now, a Marine and Special Forces.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Military (Gold edition)

Cav Scout x 3

MaJ Brain

M&M Hunter x 2

Kilted Cacher

PGH Looking

Donbadabon

FLYRFN

YoGuRt99+1

SDAJumpmaster

KFRM1

4agers x 3

Teepeeayy

KevinG68

Geolands x 5

Phantom Dog

Prairiepartners x 3

idtimberwolf x 2

LoriDarlin x 2

2 Bugs

Geekgirl x 2

Go Jaybee

Bluegillfisherman x 2

MrPaseo x 2

Motorbug x 3

=42 8 left...

Blind Avocado

Lemon fresh Dog

Atlanta Gal

Bison Woman

Dough Ball

Lady Cacher

Vargseld

SGT Stiches

Wildwoodbob

prntr1

magellan315

hammerjane

xrn95

1pyankeefan

rupert2

Incredibles x 2

Wright Stuff

Smokey and the teacher

Cog and Gil

Dliming

Teamshydog

Redwingdave

Clan Barron x 2

Lori Darlin

SirGerald

Team lightning bugs

9Key x 3

damenance

YemonYime

Los Xile

Cache hounds

Shop99er

Bekinibottomfeeders x 2

ManGenGHO x 2

Msytery Link x 3

Undaunted

Cascadepkr

Fotomom

=46 4 left...

OIFGA Coin status.

Updated list.

Post some pictures here if you are a active duty Soldier or a Veteran.

I don't know how to get pictures from my home computer to post on a forum. There is no website just on my computer so if someone could help, I'd be happy to put a picture of me over there. However, if you want to read about one of the projects that I was involved in then and now, it's at this URL. http://www.loboanime.com/oka2/

Check under About OK-aide I'm the Terri mentioned.

Terri

How about ex miltary members from Canada? Think I might qualify for a coin? If so I would like one of the gold military ones. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of my time overseas and post them. If not then I'll certainly take one of the silver ones.

Edited by graylling