Voting

2. Voting

After the discussion period, if the Category has been generally accepted by the community, and if a Category name and description have been agreed upon, a new forum topic will be created. The new topic heading should be “Category Poll: <name>” with the Category name in the topic description.

Premium Members will then cast a YES/create or NO/don’t create vote for the Category. Voting will commence 7 days after the initial vote is cast, and requires at least a 2/3 majority to move on to the next stage. If, after 7 days, the Category has less than 20 votes, the voting period may be extended until at least 20 votes are tallied.

I wonder how this is going to work out. Many of the submitted idea haven't even been viewed 20 times. Going to be interesting to see how things shake out.

Not sure why you started this in a separate thread, but anyway ...

As a reference for others reading this, just thought I'd mention that the 'Voting' statement you quoted is from the top of the Creating New Waymark Categories, Deciding the process thread.

I wonder how this is going to work out. Many of the submitted idea haven't even been viewed 20 times. Going to be interesting to see how things shake out.

The voting process as Jeremy initially presented it was put out as a starting point for discussion, not the final format for creating categories. The voting process still hasn't been fully defined yet, so I don't believe the '20 vote' consideration is something you have to be concerned about yet.

In fact, out of the 320+ category proposals which have been submitted since Aug 16th, it looks like only 4 have 20 or more posts in them.

But like you, I wonder how all this is going to work out.