Free Geobone For You!

Lemon Fresh Dog

The winner is..... there must be some mistake!  It's a CAT-person

THRAK

Congratulations on winning the coin.

For those of us who didn't win the coin remember (cheesy moment warning) we are already big winners because we have the memories and moments that we posted about and many more that weren't mentioned. I consider myself a huge winner because of the pets that I have had, the ones that I currently have and the ones that I will probably have in the future.

Okay cheesy alert off. Anyway, congratulations THRAK. :cry:

Wahoo!!!!!

Didn't know about winning until today since I've been on the road traveling from California to Montana to visit my daughter. My wife and I did some caching along the way and I'm heading out soon to do some here in Montana. You will be happy to know that I've spent the morning being shadowed everywhere by my daughter's new puppy. His name is Blue and he's a Border Collie/Blue Heeler mix. He's totally clumsy and cracks me up. See? There is hope for Cat people after all. :ph34r:

I've sent my address to Lemon Fresh Dog and I'm really looking forward to receiving the GOLDEN geobone. Time to celebrate. pint.gif

I'm heading out now to visit the Missouri Headwaters State Park and drop off a few Travel Bugs including a White Jeep. Heads up if you are in this area.

We also have two rescue GeoDogs. Nearly two years ago now, we added a rescue Samoyed named "Shadow" (not too sure about the name). He was in an awful dog shelter near Redding, California. The dogs in their care looked horrid and the conditions in the shelter itself looked like a tweekers kitchen! Anyway, the long and the short of it, is that we brought home an uber-hyper nutball named Shadow. He's a good boy most of the time, but sometimes he is trouble!

DSCN0041.jpg

A year later we happened upon a website with several Siberian Huskies who desperately needed homes. My wife and I made the drive to Monterey where the Central Coast Sled Dog Rescue is located. They were great people who worked VERY hard to rehab the rescues that came through their doors. We came to meet a dog named "Luna" and as it turned out she was an angel! We brought Shadow with us to see how to two of them would react to one another. From that moment on, they were best buddies. Luna's laidback disposition really helped Shadow feel a little more secure, and he loves having a cuddle mate.

DSCN0020.jpg

I wholeheartedly believe in animal rescue. I currently have several reptiles and tarantulas that I've brought in that were on the verge of death from mistreatment. It's truly amazing how irresponsible some people are with other lives. While I can't go Geocaching with spiders, I do have two rescued dogs that absolutely love the outdoors and the foot mileage that Geocaching gives them.

Geocaching with spiders! I do it all the time! (yipes) <_<

Ruby (my 38-breed mutt) -- is very happy you are rescuing Huskies! (she looks like she may have a little husky in her -- picture to the left of this post.

When folks ask what type of dog she is, I always reply "we couldn't decide what type of dog to get and only wanted one -- so we got one that has everything"