Autumn's Almost Here, Now Maybe I Can Go Cachin'

shanni-bugbait-wren

Thank goodness the weather's gonna break soon. I'm a wimp when the heat/temp's are too high. It really stunk that we didn't do much caching this summer, but the humidity was UNBEARABLE! Now that the cooler weather with be settling in, our finds will go up! God, ,I feel like a junky! LMAO ;)

Well, then topic shoulda said "WE". I'm so one-way when it comes to caching! Sorry Bugbait, I STILL LOVE YOU> He'll cache whenever.

Edited by shannicat & bugbait

I know what you're saying. My son loves caching, but it's hard to get him out during the summer. Now that it's cooling down, he's getting interested again.

I did get to go out for some caching by myself on business trips this summer. Unfortunately my trips were to hot, humid places like New Orleans, Charlotte, and Houston. Of course, it wasn't much better when I went 90 minutes down the PA turnpike to Valley Forge...

By the way, the coming of fall means you shouldn't forget to wear plenty of orange. We have orange vests and hats that we carry around in our pack. Fortunately, my son thinks wearing orange is cool - just like he thinks wearing a bike helmet it cool. So he needs no coaxing.

It's still been very hot in my part of upstate NY, but I am looking forward to the cool coming in -- Mr. Bear Paugh won't hike in the summer due to the heat, and we're really excited about him joining us on our caching adventures! He did do two parking lot micros in the middle of the night, but that's the extent of his caching experience so far. (I just hope he doesn't have any plans to take over my GPSr when he does start coming with the rest of us!)

Ahh yes fall. We found the perfect cure for those summer caching blues. We went to Alaska. I have to say it was an awsome caching experience. The only thing is there is so much to see that caching ends up being seccond on the things to do list. Anyway if you ever get up there take the gps along its well worth it!!

Ahh yes fall. We found the perfect cure for those summer caching blues. We went to Alaska. I have to say it was an awsome caching experience. The only thing is there is so much to see that caching ends up being seccond on the things to do list. Anyway if you ever get up there take the gps along its well worth it!!

That's where we would like to go on our honeymoon. I'd love to live there like the show, "Northern Exposure". :laughing: LOL