Girls Or Caching

jtd18801

Make sure there are enough common interests to spend a good deal of your spare time together, and a loving and caring partner will let you do do alone what they don't care about, or even do it with you just for you. There are things one can do out of sympathy, like going to a museum, a concert, a small hike, shoe shopping ( :laughing: okay, every now and then).

Jan

Ok, I’m 15 going on to 16 and I just met a girl and I was talking to my teacher who introduced me to caching and he asked me what would I choose caching or her. I said her in a heart beat. I was just wondering what you would choose or if you have any stories. Luckily my brother and I both think that she would love caching :laughing:

heh heh, my girl loves caching. Problem solved :D

if I had to choose, I would not change my interests for a girl.

There are days when I wish I had known then, what I know now.

There are days when I would say "Choose Geocaching."

But, you can't go wrong choosing the girl. They are a whole lot more fun (most days) than ammo cans hidden in the woods.

:D

Well I've been married to my girl for over 30 years. If I had to choose between her and caching...darn I'll miss her.

:laughing: Actually she's become a caching addict. Wants to go out every weekend. And she's better at it then me. Dadgumit.

Make sure there are enough common interests to spend a good deal of your spare time together, and a loving and caring partner will let you do do alone what they don't care about, or even do it with you just for you. There are things one can do out of sympathy, like going to a museum, a concert, a small hike, shoe shopping ( :laughing: okay, every now and then).

Jan

oh, wow...answered before it was even asked....

Jan

Hey, he's 16. All he's interested in is getting lucky.

Ok, I’m 15 going on to 16 and I just met a girl and I was talking to my teacher who introduced me to caching and he asked me what would I choose caching or her. I said her in a heart beat. I was just wondering what you would choose or if you have any stories. Luckily my brother and I both think that she would love caching :laughing:

Why would you ever have to choose? Even if she doesn't like caching, you're not going to be spending every waking moment with her ... you can cache when you're not spending time with her.

It's a really dumb question your teacher posed to you.

Enjoy your youth while you still have it. :D

You can still enjoy Geocaching after you have become a decrepit old man.

And since the world isn't as simple as Yes or No, Black or White, Good or Evil, etc., you should respectfully disregard questions of that type from now on. :D

Never choose the girl. If you love geocaching (or whatever) and she doesn't, she's not for you. Girls are plentiful, and if you hold out for the one that loves you and everything you do, you'll be much happier.

or possibly lonely for the rest of your life....

I'll take lonely any day. :laughing:

Edited by Special Ed

Jan

Hey, he's 16. All he's interested in is getting lucky.

Oh ... well ... then ... take the girl, have fun and do the cache after ditching her. </sarcasm>

Jan

Never choose the girl. If you love geocaching (or whatever) and she doesn't, she's not for you. Girls are plentiful, and if you hold out for the one that loves you and everything you do, you'll be much happier.

Oh please, the kids 16, it's not like it's this girl or be alone forever. He's got many more girls in his future before he settles down.

I am married, the father of two girls and no boys, have three female dogs, two female cats and 1 male cat that we hardly see. I enjoy this sport to get away from work, the stresses of life and, I love the women in my life but dare I say, female problems :lol: . I say take advantage of your youth and have fun in what you feel like doing at the time. As the father of two girls, make sure you do it safely. :) Cache on!

If I had a lady at home, my caching would decrease tremendously.

Mine was on a steady decline until I met the Snoogstress a couple months back. Now it's nil, save events. We've been to 2 of those together. Soooo, I guess I choose girls.

BTW- She asked me to take her cachin' this Friday. It will be her first traditional cache.

Girls - Caching - Boys - caching depends which off us is replying.

When the two of us talk about divorce (jokingly i add) the only contentious issue is who gets the GC account, GPS, GSAk database and palm the other has to have the three kids :)

Reply by Mark who would choose Lynn but doubts she would ever make that ultimatum she does demand the GPS within about 3 seconds of leaving the car though :lol:

Girls - Caching - Boys  - caching depends which off us is replying.

When the two of us talk about divorce (jokingly i add) the only contentious issue is who gets the GC account, GPS, GSAk database and palm the other has to have the three kids  :)

Reply by Mark who would choose Lynn but doubts she would ever make that ultimatum she does demand the GPS within about 3 seconds of leaving the car though  :D

I took the caching :)

Then got me a new woman :)

She got the kids. Can see them anytime I want

Downside is she got custody of the dog :lol:

Edited by mongoose39uk

Oh please, the kids 16, it's not like it's this girl or be alone forever. He's got many more girls in his future before he settles down.

Unless he's a huge dork then this might be his only chance. :(

I'll take lonely any day. :(

Alone vs. stuck with someone who doesn't share my interests...? I'll take alone any day. (Notice I said alone, not lonely. Loneliness is a state of mind.) :(

Ok, I’m 15 going on to 16 and I just met a girl and I was talking to my teacher who introduced me to caching and he asked me what would I choose caching or her. I said her in a heart beat. I was just wondering what you would choose or if you have any stories.

I would pick caching because my wife wouldn't let me have any fun with the girl anyway.

:(

Choose the girl: In 50 years you wind up as a bitter old man, blaming her for all of your life's failures. Every argument ends the same way: "If it wasn't for you and your anti-geocaching ultimatum, I coulda been a contendah! FTFs at three in the morning -- two-day hikes through mud and thorns -- a great big pile of Jeep TBs -- I could have been the next CCCooperAgency!"

Chose caching: In 50 years you wind up as a bitter old man, kicking yourself for choosing little plastic boxes in the bushes over lasting companionship. "What good is this golf ball?? I can't cuddle up to it on a cold winter night!"

Insist on having both: In 50 years you look back on a happy life filled with fond memories of pleasant walks through the woods with your sweetheart by your side. Your kids loved caching with you as they grew up. Your grandkids beg you to take them treasure hunting. They buy you matching sweatshirts and coffee mugs that say "World's Best Caching Grandpa and Grandma."

The choice seems clear :)

Since this thread is about choosing between girls and geocaching, I would like to see pictures of these girls so I can tell you if they're worth it :)

You can't tell from pictures.

Sure you can... If she's standing in the middle of a pricker bush, gps in one hand, cache in the other with some twigs in her hair, and a nice smile, she's probably worth it. :)

ok, so you can't tell personality, but she's at least worth a shot.