Garmin Etrex Legend

gollum13

Quest2: yes, the Legend is a good unit to start off with. If you become addicted to the game, you'll soon want to upgrade.

Not neccesarily true. There's people that still geocache with the trusty ol' Etrex yellow, or even 5+ year old Lowrances and Magellans (the clunky bricks with horrible reception) I've been caching for over a year now with my Legend, and while some of the features of the gps60 or even the Vista would be nice, it's not justifiable to me. Perfectly happy with my legend.

Also, gollum13, in an online forum such as this, typing in all caps is considered SHOUTING. Typing an entire post in all caps is considered bad form and impolite. Just a heads-up for future reference.

(I work in an engineering office, and 95% of my typing is in all caps for our drawings, so I catch myself making that mistake here a lot)

I'm going to move this to the UK forum where people are more likely to be able to help you with your Mapsource question.

The Quest 2 can be used for geocaching. Though its chiefly designed for automobile use, its small enough to be used as a handheld. Its a pretty powerful unit.

Edited by briansnat