Free Moving Map Software For Pc

remotegis

Hi Guys

We are new to this forum and thought we might introduce ourselves by providing some FREE software. :D

It is a basic version of some of our Map Objects based programs. The software is Vector based and we can incorperate some features that Geocaching types may want to see.

The Moving map Software for is ready for DOWNLOAD at

Download site

look for the link on the front page or go to Software and look for Moving Map Software. All we ask is that you tell us who you are. We also apreciate any feedback on the application and also if you have any requests you may email me anytime.

This is intended as a basic navigation application and we have supplied a basic map of the world.

We are intending on releasing a PocketPC app for Geocaching really soon as well as providing a more Geocaching savvy Moving Map App.

Thanks

Jack

RemoteGIS

I guess why would I want to use this over my current mapping software, CitySelect and MetroGuide pluse nRoute. Will it provide cheap alternatives to use with a GPSr. I want maps of England but they are anywhere from $100 to $400. I would like something cheaper so I could use my PDA and a Holux CF GPS.

cheers

Hmm I'm guessing that these maps do not have routing, POI and address (maybe adderess) capability. If it does, that would be a good thing. I think it is just to see where the current position is located.

Maps generally come from NavTeq or Teleatlas at a price and strong licensing to the developer, which pass it down to the customer. In short the costs are enormous.

What I would like to see is an effort for an Open – map database where users with GPS data could be uploaded to a server, fill in some fields about the data, the server could average the data and have it available for a usable format. Items such as address, POI, roads, hydrography etc would be nice. I could on about this, but that’s a different thread…

Hi Fellas

This software is basic gps position on map!.

The world map (coastline data) will be available for download today to be used with the software, If you want HWY maps of a particular country then please email me as we do have data for all countries but they make a large download.Our extended versions of these programs have all the features of uploading positions to a Web page interface.

We can do address,poi and routing but this is free software and all these features are included in our other programs.

If u dload the Australian/New Zealand data we can offer the same as this worldwide.

Thanks

Jack